Chapter Sixty-Two

Peeta POV-

"Peeta?" Katniss asks in the middle of the night, sniffling.

I open my heavy eyes and face her, "Yeah?" I ask softly.

Katniss takes a deep breath, "Peeta, I really miss Prim right now." She whines, obviously been crying.

I sit up and pull her into a hug, "I know you do. I miss her too." I say, combing her long hair back with my fingers.

I see a tear slide down her cheek, it's illuminated by the moonlight shining through the open window.

I bring my thumb to her cheek and wipe the tear away, "Please don't cry." I whisper as my heart breaks for her.

Katniss sniffles, "I'm trying not to but it's really hard." She says.

"I know, Sweetheart. I know it's hard." I soothe her, pressing a kiss to the top of her head.

Katniss inhales deeply and exhales the same, over and over for a few minutes.

I keep holding her tight and running my fingers through her hair until her crying stops.

"Are you okay?" I ask her softly.

There's no reply.

Well, nothing but a tiny snore.

I smile sadly and lean against the headboard with Katniss still clutched in my arms.

I pull the blanket back up over us and before I know it, I'm back to sleep.

I dream about Katniss, as I always do.

My dreams of Katniss are always really good.

Not better than real life of course.

I usually dream of our high school days or what the days to come will be like, sometimes it's like deja vu.

Sometimes, we will just be living and I'll feel as if this has already happened before. Katniss will say or do something but it's just so familiar and I just can't explain it.

My life is like a dream.

Actually, my life is better than any dream I could've ever possibly had.

(A few hours later, about 4:30am)

I wake up to the annoying beeping of my alarm clock.

Time for work.

I sigh as I carefully remove my arms from around Katniss, gently laying her back down, I get up.

Quickly and quietly, I get dressed and head to the bakery.

When I open the back door to the kitchen and walk inside to find my dad and my brothers already downstairs.

"Hey." I say tiredly.

They all look up, my dad is the only one to speak, "Good morning, Peeta." He says and continues to sweep the floor.

I push past them and get my apron from the back, I put it on and begin my orders.

(Orders)

-4 dozen cupcakes-vanilla, chocolate frosting-pickup at 4:30pm

-1 cake-chocolate, chocolate frosting, cherry decor-pickup 10am

-2 dozen cheese buns-pickup 9:30am

-5 dozen of each menu item-to sell

A busy morning for me but also not as busy as it usually is.

The next few weeks, leading up to Christmas, the busier we will be so I should just be thankful my load now is minor.

My brothers don't bake so it's just my dad and I but my dad also helps my brothers and mother run the front.