Chapter Eighty-Five

Katniss POV- (A week later)

I haven't had one nightmare since that night over a week ago.

I guess, I just needed a passionate moment with Peeta to get me out of my funk.

Peeta and I have been adding the finishing touches up on our wedding.

Getting in RSVPs and stuff.

Peeta is making our wedding cake so he's been trying to design it and figure out flavors. He's been making sketches.

It's a surprise so he's not showing me a thing, but I know I'll love whatever he comes up with.

I couldn't help to feel jealous when Peeta informed me he has been catching up with one of his old friends who he's inviting to the wedding.

A girl from his old school.

Peeta can do whatever he wants and be friends with whoever but I couldn't help but to feel a little jealous when he showed me her picture.

She's gorgeous.

Blonde and tall and tan.

Again, just like the girl I could see him with over me.

The girls that Ryan and David date.

Those perfect, blonde haired, blue eyed, squeaky girls.

They went out to lunch recently too and Peeta said it was nothing but what am I suppose to think, honestly?

I trust Peeta but I just can't help but feel annoyed by her presence.

I don't know, maybe I'm being stupid?

He's not going to cheat on me.

I talked to Annie about it and she said I need to talk to Peeta about how I feel, but what am I suppose to say?

Hey, Peeta. That girl is too pretty to just be your friend and I don't like the idea of you being around her so quit talking to her because you're mine.

That's not going to go over well so I just need to leave it be I guess but that won't do.

"Peeta, can I talk to you?" I ask him.

He looks up from his phone.

He's texting her.

"Sure." He says and puts his phone down.

"Are you going to be mad at me if I ask you not to talk to that girl so much?" I ask, not sure how to say it.

Peeta gives me a weird look, "No, I guess not." He says plainly.

"Well, I know she's just your friend and everything but I am jealous." I admit to him.

Peeta chuckles, "Why?" He asks.

"It's not funny, Peeta. I am jealous because I saw her. She's perfect." I say, getting frustrated with him thinking this is funny.

Peeta rolls his eyes, "No, she's not. You're perfect." He says.

I feel my face heat up, "No, I'm not. Stop." I say.

"Katniss, why can't you accept it? You are perfect."

I roll my eyes at him, "I am not. That girl is." I tell him.

"Katniss, stop. You have no reason to be jealous. She's just my friend and honestly, I think she's ugly."

I can't help but scoff at his words, "Peeta, she's not ugly. You know that." I say.

"Whatever Katniss. I don't like her though and I'm sorry that I've been talking to her so much. I haven't been paying as much attention to you and I'm sorry." Peeta says genuinely.

I look at him and feel guilty.

"It's okay, Peeta. I'm sorry, I just don't like it. I love you and I'm just being a stupid jealous girl." I tell him guiltily.

Peeta takes my hand and squeezes it.

"You're not. You have every right to be a little jealous. I know I've been talking to her a lot and I shouldn't because your my girlfriend. Not her."

I smile and kiss his cheek, "Actually, I'm your fiancée." I tease him.

"I know but saying girlfriend sounds cuter." He smiles.

I snort, "Please, tell me you told her about me?" I ask seriously again.

"Of course, I told her about you. I never shut up about you while we talk, honestly. That's why I love talking to her because she just let's me tell her how amazing you are and your friends get annoyed with it. She is one of those people that just love hearing about love so she doesn't care." He says and I feel so warm inside.

Why did I even think that Peeta would have feelings for this girl?

That was stupid of me.

I know Peeta better than that.

Of course he talks about me to her.

"Really?" I ask flattered.

"Really, really." Peeta says, putting his hand in the small of by back.

I crawl over and sit sideways across his legs, head on his shoulder.

Peeta kisses my cheek, "I'm sorry that I haven't been paying much attention to you lately." He says.

I smile and realize it's okay.

He didn't realize what he was doing.

"It's okay, Peeta." I say.

"No, it's not. In my defense, she's helping me put together a wedding gift for you."

"What's it going to be?"

"A surprise." He laughs. "But I need to make it up to you." He says.

"Peeta, you don't have to make anything up to me. I know you get tired of not having any friends of your own and I'm sorry." I tell him.

It's true, all Peeta's friends are my friends and I think he gets annoyed with it sometimes though he'd never admit it.

"No, I love our friends. I usually hate anything from my past but if she wasn't helping me. I probably wouldn't be talking to her." He says.

I feel bad for him.

I always forget that before we met, he had his own life without me.

Sometimes, I am sure he must miss it.

"I'm sorry, Peeta. I always forget that you had your own life before me. I shouldn't hold you to just our life." I tell him.

Peeta shakes his head, "I didn't like that life, all my friends were fake. I met you and my life hasn't been better. Before, I would spend my entire life being hit on my girls I didn't like. When I found you, everything changed and it's never been better." He tells me.

I feel bad.

I remember the first week Peeta and I were friends, I would get death glares from all these girls because I was friends with Peeta.

They eventually stopped and occasionally, I'll still receive some in public, which I ignore.

"I am sorry." I say.

I always forget about Peeta's past because he never talks about it. I always forget I'm in love with one of the most attractive men in all of Panem. I never remember because his looks don't matter to me, they're just a big plus.

"Don't be sorry. I can't help my good looks and irresistible charm." Peeta says with a wink.

I punch his arm playfully

I love him him so much.