Chapter Eighty-Two

Katniss POV-

I go down to the lobby of the hospital and pull out my phone and dial Peeta's number.

It's 3 o'clock and he hasn't tried to contact me all day.

He must really be upset with me.

He answers on the 6th ring, "Katniss."

"Peeta." I say, almost in tears, just hearing his voice.

"Katniss, where are you?" He asks worriedly.

"I'm in District 5." I say.

"How is the baby?"

I take a deep breath, "The baby is still weak but she's getting better. Bristol's a mess." I tell him truthfully.

"And you?"

"I'm fine." I shoot back, edgily.

"Wait, did you say you were already in Five?"

"Yes."

"How?"

"I took your advice." I sigh.

"Katniss, listen, about earlier, I'm really sorry." Peeta says.

"I am too. I was just worried. You were right." I admit to him.

"No, I know you needed to get there quickly but you weren't thinking. I'm sorry that I yelled at you." Peeta tells me sadly.

"Peeta, you didn't even say you loved me back when I left."

That's what really bothers me.

We always say it back, no matter what we feel at the time and he didn't.

"I know and I'm so sorry. You know that I love you. Please, don't be mad at me for that." Peeta begs.

"I'm not, it just bugged me the entire way here."

For Peeta not to say 'I love you' back, hurt me more than I care to admit.

"I know and I'm sorry. I was just curious and I couldn't say anything. Nothing would come out." He apologizes.

"I'm sorry that I just left but I needed to get here. The baby could die, Peeta." I tell him.

He stays quiet for a minute, "I know."

"Bristol is here all alone and she refuses to tell Brandon anything or even her family. So, you can't tell anyone." I say sternly.

"I won't, I haven't. Why doesn't she want to tell Brandon?" He asks.

"She's scared it will just worry him too much." I tell him.

"What even got her in there?" He asks.

"She kept fainting. Once she fell and fell forward on her stomach. They don't know what caused her to faint though but that's when she started feeling pain and the baby started having issues." I explain to him.

"Oh, Katniss. That is awful." He says sadly.

"It'll be okay. I think the baby will make it but it's still so scary." I try assuring him and myself.

"It's very scary."

"Okay. Well, I better get back to her, she forced me to call you." I say.

I know I just hurt his feelings saying Bristol forced me to call him, that I didn't just call myself but I'm still a little annoyed. I know I shouldn't be but I am.

"Keep me updated, please? I'll talk to you soon." Peeta mumbles.

"I will. Bye." I say and just before I go to hang up, I hear him.