Chapter Thirteen

Katniss POV- (Sunday)

Today is Bristol's wedding day!

She is really nervous but so excited.

I am so happy for her and her soon to be husband, I met him the other day and he is really nice.

They seem to be in love which makes me so happy.

I am still playing wedding planner too.

I have Brandon in Peeta's dorm room while they get ready. And I have Bristol here in our dorm while I help her get ready and get ready myself.

I am really appreciative of Peeta for helping me with this too.

He was just as confused as I was about the randomness of it all but the longer Bristol and I have discussed it, the more I realize why she didn't tell me about him.

And the more I can tell she is truly in love with him.

"We have about an hour until we need to leave. Are you ready to get into your dress now or do you want to wait?" I ask her patiently.

"I will just wait, my hair and makeup is done so I'll just hang out with you until then. I really don't want to walk around campus in a wedding dress." Bristol says, laughing a little nervously.

Bristol gives me a warm smile and sits down next to me.

"I really do appreciate all this, Katniss. I also am so thankful to have made a new life-long friend too." Bristol says sweetly with tears filling her eyes.

"Aw, don't cry! You'll ruin all your makeup and then it'll look like you have two black eyes!" I say, wiping a tear away gently so I don't smear her makeup.

"You're right. If I ruined my makeup before, it would be bad."

I smile, "It would be. You'd look like a raccoon or I guess we could say that I got frustrated and punched you." I say jokingly.

Bristol let's out a giggle, "Katniss!" She shakes her head at me.

"What? I can actually be a very violent person." I admit.

"Katniss Everdeen? Violent? But she's an angel!" Bristol teases.

She quickly found out that I'm no angel.

"I know, but you should know me well enough by now to know that I'm no angel!" I tell her.

"That is very true, Kat. So true. I mean, I have seen you with Peeta and y'all ain't no angels! Maybe when your separate but together? No way!" She continues, both of us laughing and having a good time.

I really love Bristol.

I have never really had a friendship with a girl were I could just be myself.

Johanna and Annie make me feel a little insecure at times but mostly I feel comfortable around them but not this much.

Maybe it's because I live with her is why I feel so completely comfortable being myself?

My lazy, weird, obnoxious, and crazy self.

"Bristol, I am so happy for you!" I squeal as time ticks on and on.

Each passing minute is closer to us leaving and to Bristol becoming Brandon's wife.

It's 2:30 now so we have 15 minutes until we have to be at the place.

"Kat! It's 2:30! It is 2:30!" Bristol says, freaking out.

She is pacing back and forth and twisting her engagement ring around her finger nervously.

"Calm down." I say nicely and pull her hands to her side.

I can feel her quaking in her skin.

"Kat, I am freaking out inside!" She whines and begins breathing heavily.

She's freaking out on the outside too.

I am sure I'll be this way on my wedding day too, if not worse.

I am sure most brides get this way though.

"Hey, Bristol. Just look at me." I demand, face to face with her.

She looks up slowly but I can still see her head bobbing from nerves.

"I know that you're nervous but there's nothing to be nervous about. Peeta just texted and said they are at the reception hall now, waiting on us." I say calmly.

Bristol nods her head and her lips form a smile.

A genuine, natural smile.

It's not forced.

"Okay. I know, you're right. Let's go." Bristol speaks, a lot calmer than before.

"Okay, I'll grab your dress and you get anything else you might need. Then let's go get you married!" I say, grabbing the garment bag with Bristol's wedding dress inside.

About 5 minutes later, we arrive at the reception location and I see Peeta.