Chapter Fifty-Six

Katniss POV- (Later that day)

"Hey, sleepy head." I say to a now awake Peeta.

He smiles and blinks his eyes a few times, "Hi. What time is it?" He whispers with a yawn.

I look at the clock across the room, "It's six, you've been asleep since about noon." I tell him.

His eyes widen, "Sorry, Katniss. I didn't get any sleep last night." He says apologetically.

I brush his hair back out of his face, "It's okay, I understand. I enjoyed laying here with you all day." I tell him softly.

He smiles at me, "Are you hungry?" He asks.

I nod, "You?"

He chuckles, "Starving."

"What do you want?" I ask him.

"Let's go on a date." Peeta says.

I laugh, "A date?" I ask.

He nods, "Yeah, we can go out to eat and then drive around or hang out in the car or whatever you want." He says, sitting up.

Seconds later he stands up and I grab his hands and pull him back to me.

"Slow down there!" I say, remembering the weather.

Peeta gives me a look, "What?" He asks.

"We are kind of stuck. Roads have been closed all day and we can't get the cars out in this." I remind him.

Peeta frowns and sits down on the couch next to me lain body, "I kind of forgot."

I laugh, "When the snow clears then." I say.

He nods, "It's a date." He winks.

"It's a date."

He smiles satisfied, "What do you wanna do now then?" I ask.

One thing comes to my mind, one thing only.

It's perhaps the most important thing a girl could possibly think of.

"Food." I blurt out.

Peeta chuckles, "Okay, come on. Let's go get you some food then." He says, poking my nose.

I laugh and get up and we go into the kitchen, "What sounds good?" Peeta asks sweetly.

"Anything."

Peeta grins, "How about pizza?" He asks walking to towards the fridge.

I smile and know where this is heading.

"Why, yes. Pizza sounds delightful." I say in an Effie Trinket accent.

Peeta smiles and chunks a bag of pepperonis at me just as he did a few years ago in the bakery.

The first week of our friendship.

I grin at him deviously and he returns it.

"I'll make everything. You just sit down and watch." Peeta says getting out the rest of the ingredients.

I take a seat at the island, "Oh, I count on it." I joke and watch Peeta as he begins working on our meal.

"So, tell me about yourself." Peeta says awkwardly with a huge smirk.

I let out a laugh, "What?" I ask.

Peeta smiles, "Tell me about yourself." He insist.

I smile and know he's just trying to spark up a conversation.