Chapter Seventy-One

Katniss POV- (Two days later)

This sucks.
This is awful.

"Peeta!" I whine.

He looks over at me annoyed and then smiles, "What?" He asks, laughing once he sees I'm not in pain.

"I hate this." I say, pushing his shoulder playfully.

Peeta just laughs, "Well, I hate this too."

If I annoyed him before, it can't possibly compare to now but he does everything with a smile and without complaining.

"I love how mad I make you but then you still do whatever I need with a cute little smile." I say, grabbing his cheeks and pinching them.

Peeta scrunches his nose, "It's because I love you." He says, stealing a quick peck from my lips.

I wrinkle my nose at him, "How many more weeks until I don't have to use crutches?" I ask.

Peeta counts the days on his hands, "At least nine and it's only been three days." He says, a little too quickly.

Like he's been counting.

And, he probably has.

I groan, "Ugh! This is killing me." I groan.

Peeta laughs, "You don't like being waited on?" He asks.

I smirk, "I didn't say that."

I honestly don't mind being waited on sometimes but something's you just want to do on your own.

Like taking a shower, or using the restroom or getting into bed.

"I waited on you before this but then again, you had the option to do it yourself, now you don't." Peeta teases me.

"Ha ha." I say, faking a laugh.

"There's only a few more weeks til Christmas." Peeta whispering as he brings his lips to my ear.

I shiver, "I know." I say.

Peeta kisses my temple, "It's just you and me this year too."

"I know."

Peeta, "Is Bristol going to visit her family?" He asks.

I nod, "Yes, she is going to her parents house and is planning on telling them about the baby." I say with a nervous look.

Peeta's eyes widen, "I met Bristol's father at the wedding and I don't think he'll be too happy about this."

I nod, "Well, at least they're married and at least they've been friends forever." I add.

Peeta nods, "True." He says plainly and turns on the tv.

I lay my head against the couch cushion and close my eyes while Peeta flips through channels.

I hear a knock at the door and open my eyes.

Peeta looks over at me and gives me a strange look and I mirror it.

He goes over and opens the door, "Hey, Lover Boy." Johanna Mason pushes Peeta out of the way and walks into the living room where I sit.

She plops down on the couch, "Hey, Kat." She says throwing her feet onto the coffee table.

I just look at her, "Um. Hey, Jo." I say in shock.

Johanna sits up straight and leans forward, elbows on her knees, "So'd Peeta get tired of you and push you down the stairs or something?" She smirks.

Peeta sits down next to me again.

"No, but he might before this is over." I say.

I feel bad for Peeta but something tells me he's not fully joking about having to wait on me hand and foot.