Chapter Six

Katniss POV-

"Um, I am really sorry about your sister, Katniss." Bristol whispers softly.

I wince at the memories, those were some my darkest days.

"It's okay, I am better now and so is Peeta. It was just really really hard for us, but it's okay now, kind of." I say, trying to blow it off.

Bristol walks over and embraces me in a hug.

Startled by her actions, I actually allow myself to hug her back.

"You can continue. The book gets better, I promise." I say gesturing the book.

Britsol walks over and grabs the book again, coming over, she sits down next to me on my bed and continues on from Prim's death.

We flip through some more happy times Peeta and I captured and shared like our road trip to Finnick's and when Peeta proposed to me.

The last picture added was of Peeta and I in our old apartment.

We had Peeta's Dad take it, a few days before we left he came over to say goodbye.

Peeta and I are laying on the couch together. Our dandelion pictures are visible hanging together and we are so happy, despite our tragic summer.

I can't believe we have only been away from Twelve for about two days.

It seems like years, like decades since Peeta and I left.

"See, it all gets better in time." I say, nudging her arm gently.

"It did. You two are so in love. I don't know everything and I am already so in love with y'all's love story." Bristol smiles dreamily.

I give her a little grin, "Thank you, it's definitely a unique one." I admit.

"I have an idea!"

"What's that?"

"Katniss, can I please help you get ready for your date with Peeta?" She begs me.

"Um...it's not a date. You're coming too." I remind her with a laugh, shaking my head.

"Right, but that doesn't mean you can't look even more beautiful for him tonight." She says, like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Um, sure. Why not?" I give in and she rushes to my closet, pulling up a chair.

"Here, sit down." She says and I do.

"Make-up?"

"Oh, uh, okay. Just a little though." I say unsure.

I usually don't wear makeup but I might as well.

Bristol runs over to her side of the room and retrieves a box which I am assuming contains makeup. She sets the box next to me and goes over to my closet and looks through my clothes.

"Oh! This would be perfect!" Bristol says finding a whole outfit in seconds.

"Mmmkay, put this all on and then I'll start your makeup. I'll turn around, tell me when your ready." Bristol says, turning away from me.

I quickly change and give her the 'okay.'

"It's perfect."

I sit down on the bed again as she begins putting on some makeup and let's my hair free from it's braid.

"Goodness. You're so beautiful without makeup but with it, you look hot, hot, hot!" She squeals.

I give her a little laugh, I can tell my time with Bristol is going to be quite interesting but rewarding.

"We have about twenty minutes until he'll be here. Do you want me to help you get ready?" I suggest after she finishes.

"No, how about since we have about twenty minutes left, I stay here to get ready. You go find something to do, or maybe just maybe someone to visit?" Bristol says with a wink and gestures my outfit.

My face gets a little red, "Okay...We will come get you in a bit?"

She smiles and nods her head.

"You guys don't have too much fun. If it's after seven I'll know." She teases me.

I snort, "Oh whatever." I laugh and walk out.