Chapter Eight

Peeta POV-

I feel awful that I didn't take Katniss and Bristol out tonight like I had promised.

I just hope that they had a good time.

And I hope Katniss is finding it easy to make Bristol a friend because I know she struggles sometimes.

I think it would be good for Katniss to make friends with new people. Also, who better to become good friends with than your roommate?

As much as I want to, I can't always understand Katniss or her needs or feelings but I think having a roommate that isn't me is going to prove good for her.

All I want is the best for Katniss and that's what I plan on giving her.

It's already 12:30am and Katniss hasn't called me to let me know she made it home alright.

Just as I decide to go check on her, I get a soft knock on my door.

I get up and answer the door.

I'm relieved to see that it is Katniss and Bristol.

"Hey, sweetie. Hi, Bristol." I say, greeting them both.

They both smile.

"You get some rest?" Katniss asks me with a grin.

I nod my head.

"Good. I bought you a few things." She says, holding up some bags.

I smile genuinely and they both come into my dorm.

Bristol awkwardly stands by the door as Katniss and I walk to my bed together and sit down.

"You can come in." I say to Bristol, not wanting her to feel awkward.

She gives me a nervous laugh and inches her way further into the room, but not much.

"Okay, we bought a lot of stuff but this is everything I bought you." Katniss says, dropping a big bag out onto my bed and a few small ones.

"Woah, Katniss. You didn't have to get me all of this." I say, looking at the set of colored and graphite pencils, as well as two brand new sketch books, a small one and a large one.

"You had to leave all your other stuff back in storage and I didn't want you to get bored." She says proudly.

"These are going to be put to great use. Thank you." I say sincerely.

"I am glad you like them. I also got you a lot of candy so you're not ever hungry. I bought some peppermints and other stuff that you like." Katniss says, handing me a bagful of candy.

"Katniss, thank you. I really appreciate this all so much." I say wrapping my arm around her shoulder playfully.

She leans her head on my shoulder, "I just wanted to make sure you felt at home and had everything you needed."

"I have more than enough of what I need from home, especially since you're not too far away."  I assure her.

"I love you, Peeta."

"I love you too." I reply and look over to Bristol who is awkwardly looking around the room.

I give Katniss a nod and she stands up.

"You're a really amazing artist, Peeta. I saw quite a few things of yours in our dorm and wow. You have lots of talent." Bristol compliments me.

I smile, "Thank you so much."

"I better be heading back to the room, Katniss."

"Oh no, you can stay if you would like? Or I can go back with you if you want?" Katniss suggests.