Chapter Nintey-Three

Katniss POV- (Two days later)

I have always appreciated everything Peeta does for me but I really never realized the extent of his actions.

He cares for himself, me and anyone else he possibly can.

Let me say, it is a tough job.

I learned Peeta does more than I give him credit for.

He cooks every meal, cleans (for the most part), waits on me hand and foot and so many other things besides that.

He does it all with a smile too, he never complains.

Ever.

"Katniss, can you you grab my sketch book?" Peeta asks as I finally sit down after an hour of cleaning the house top to bottom.

I kind of have the urge to moan and groan and complain but I don't.

I put on my best fake smile though, I'm exhausted from the past week and nod my head.

I walk upstairs and go to Peeta's art room, I grab his sketch book and a pencil and trudge back down the stairs. I hand it to him and begin vacuuming the living room.

I had to go through and pick up anything big, like paper or stuff that vacuums shouldn't probably be picking up, and then begin making sure all of our junk was put away.

Then start the vacuum.

Let me tell you, it's a hard job too.

It's such a workout, that and mopping.

Sweeping too.

Even the simplest actions of wiping the counters or our kitchen table is work.

Peeta isn't as messy as I am though, which is good for me. He doesn't leave trash laying around if he can help it and still after a week of me scolding him, he still tries helping me when he can.

I should honestly appreciate him so much more.

I mean, I appreciate him so much but I never say 'thank you' for his little actions, like taking out the trash or making my plate.

Things I should be doing but I don't.

If I have learned anything this past week is that I do not deserve Peeta Mellark.

That is true.

Peeta has done more for me in two years than I could do in a lifetime for him.

He does it all without nagging or being lazy, he gets the job done.

I feel bad because I snapped at him a few hours back. I had just finished washing our dishes by hand. I don't particularly like using the dishwasher. He had asked me for to get him a drink from the fridge and I blew up.

I remember yelling, "Peeta, your legs aren't broken. Go get your own water!"

I exploded.

He didn't look hurt or anything, he just got up without a word and retrieved his own bottled water but I felt terrible because he is injured and no matter what is wrong with me and what's not, he always does whatever I want or need.

The least I could do was do the same for him for the week we 'switched' places.

I finish vacuuming, with a thin line of sweat on my brow, I sit down next to Peeta as he opens up his sketch book to the first page.

It's a picture of me, of course.

Almost all of his drawings and paintings are of me.

I usually look happy or sleepy or just normal but in this picture, I am however scowling.

I can't help but chuckle, "What? Why am I scowling?" I ask.

Peeta just gives me a look, straight face and all, "I get that look so often, I needed to jot it down." He says.

I roll my eyes, "Really?" I ask with a laugh.

Peeta just nods, "I have seen it so much the past few months, I don't understand really." He shrugs and continues flipping through the blank pages of the book.

Soon, my face will be drawn all over those perfectly white hued pages, I know that much.

I can't help but to frown at his words, "I'm sorry, Peeta." I say softly, feeling guilty.

Peeta just shrugs at me, "Okay, Katniss. I'm not mad, I just wish you would smile every once in a while. You never smile anymore. Why is that?" He asks as he rubs his thumb across my cheek bone.

I look down at his other hand, his hurt hand, "I don't know. No one has given me a reason not to." I mumble, even though it's a lie.

Peeta is my reason to smile.

But he should be the one frowning, I mean he sliced open three of his fingers but he's still trying to live life as usual. Still smiling and trying to make me laugh and saying 'I love you' and everything just as normal.

My life changed, for about a week and I refuse to smile or laugh.

I'm ridiculous, I mean, if anyone should be ticked off, it should be Peeta.

He has every right to be mad at me and to frown and pout and I'm the one doing it.

Not him.

"Katniss, why are you so unhappy? I try helping you but you don't want my help." Peeta says, frowning his own rare frown now.

I shrug my shoulders, I honestly don't know why that I can't even muster a simple smile for him.

I shouldn't be mad or whatever I am, he didn't mean to get hurt and he got hurt while doing something for me.

"I don't know." I say when he just asks for another answer.

Peeta groans, "You know that that's not a good answer, right? It never has been either and you know it." He says.

I smirk ever so slightly, "I know." I whisper under my breath.

Peeta smiles a little, "Please, just stop being so unhappy? I am honestly trying my best." He says guiltily.

I nod, "I know you are. You can't help that you're hurt, I need to quit being a crybaby and just suck it up." I say truthfully.

Peeta nods, "You're not a crybaby, you're just a princess. You're not use to this." He teases me.

This brings out a full on smile.

"There it is. You're smiling, see it's not too hard is it?" He asks.

I smile wider, "No, I am really sorry." I say shaking my head.

Peeta smiles and pushes a piece of hair out of my eyes and behind my ear, "Don't be. I just miss you being happy. I promise I don't like this anymore than you do." He holds up his gauzed hand.

I cringe and look down at my rings, "I know. I will try, I promise." I say smiling.

Peeta just returns his warm smile and I nod.