Chapter Seventy-Two

Katniss POV-

Just as we are about to kiss, my stomach grumbles loudly.

Peeta laughs and kisses my forehead, "Let's decorate now?" He says and I nod.

He smiles and shakes his head as he retrieves the cooled pan of cookies and sets it in front of me.

"Okay, now just pipe the cookies. However you want." He says, picking up a Christmas Tree.

He takes a green bag and begins perfectly piping the icing on the cookie.

I just stare at him.

How does he expect me to do that?

"I can't do that." I say, shaking my head.

Peeta smiles and sets the finished cookie down on another pan and picks up another cookie, it's a Snowman.

"Here." He say, handing it to me along with a bag of white frosting.

"I can't do that." I repeat.

"It doesn't have to be perfect." He smirks.

I roll my eyes and laugh, "I know but you intimidate me." I say.

Peeta smiles, "Would you like some help?" He asks and I nod.

He comes over and I hand him the bag. I hold the cookie flat in my hand and he begins piping little frosting circles on each of the three snowman sections.

I watch him as he holds my hand perfectly still and as he finishes he looks up, "You have to help me, you know?" He laughs.

"You did it for me." I say.

Peeta smirks, "Sorry, I guess I got carried away."

"Uh, yeah." I tease.

Peeta reaches over and grabs another cookie from the tray, it's a star.

"Okay, now help." I say, hoping he will actually help me instead of showing me.

He sets the cookie on the table flat and grabs yellow icing.

"Okay, just keep your hand down on the table and just go from the inside out." He says, handing me the piping bag.

I just look at him, "Okay..." I say slowly, still not getting what I want.

I purposely have trouble piping the simple star and Peeta just looks at me like I'm an idiot.

"I can't do this."

"Yes, you can." Peeta insists.

I shake my head and take his hand in mine, he looks down and just looks at me like I'm crazy, which I am.

I pick up the bag and place his hand over mine, watching him the entire time and he smiles, watching our hands.

"Show me." I tell him softly.

He swallows and leans over me with one hand on my shoulder and the other hand on mine.

His cheek against mine, he begins unsteadily piping the frosting onto the cookie.

He is focused on the work and I'm focused on him.

I lean my head back against his body and just stare at him as my hand is forced around the counter top making motions I'm unaware of.

After awhile, Peeta stops and looks at me, "What?" He laughs.

I smile and feel my face redden because he noticed.

"Nothing, I just love watching you." I say truthfully.

"You should be watching what I'm teaching you." He teases me.

Peeta smiles and looks at our stacked hands, he leans in and I do too.

Our lips touch. Our hands move away, leaving the bag of frosting and the cookies on the counter. His hands find my waist and mine wrap around his neck. I deepen the kiss by pulling his head towards me more.

He let's out a little groan and I smile, our teeth tap but quickly, we pull away as our lips meet again and this time, only our lips.

I love him.

I love him.

I love him.

Peeta Mellark.

My whole body tingles and it quickly fades as I feel something being smeared across my cheek.

I break away from Peeta as he begins laughing hysterically.

"Peeta!" I slap his arm playfully and wipe the frosting from my cheek and wipe it off on his nose.

He closes his eyes quickly then reopens them, "Hey!" He says, laughing.

I grab the sprinkles from the counter top and pour a handful into my palm.

I squeeze the pipe and frosting squirts into my hands.

I rub the two palms together as Peeta just gives me a look that says 'You wouldn't dare.'

'Oh, Peeta. I would.' I nearly say.

Before he can leap from his seat, I cup his cheeks in my hands and get the sticky, rainbow frosting all over his perfect little cheeks.

"Katniss, you didn't." He says.

I smirk, "I did." I say, scooting back further on the stool.

That's when he takes my hands and forces them to my face.

"Peeta!" I squeal unable to run away or do anything really.

Peeta giggles and takes a bag of blue frosting, "I'll let you do whatever you want with this if you let me draw on your face with icing."

I just glare at him, then decide it'll be a lot of fun.

"Fine." I say.

Peeta kisses my lips, "A promise, sealed with a kiss." He says in a Capitol accent.

I laugh and close my eyes waiting for him to begin decorating my face.

"This is gonna be hell to get off..." I say as I feel frosting being drawn on with my face, perfect strokes.

"And, maybe a little sticky." He teases.

I hear his breathy laughs every once in a while and I'm afraid to know what he's drawing.

"Okay, now you can do mine then we will go look in the mirror." Peeta says, kneeling in front of me.

I smirk deviously and grab a bag of icing.

As promised, he lets me draw all over his perfect little face.

"Okay." I say after awhile.

Peeta, with messy hands and face of course, he carries me to the downstairs bathroom.

I pull his phone out of his back pocket and take out the camera. He sets me down on one foot in front of the mirror faced the opposite way and he faces it with me.

"Okay, on three, we turn around." He says to me.

I nod and together, we count to three.

On three, we turn around.