Chapter Fourteen

Katniss POV-

"Hey." Peeta says, hugging me tightly.

I kiss his cheek and he smiles and looks me in my eyes.

"Hi" I whisper.

"You ready for this?" He asks, looking back at a pacing bride.

"Yeah, but I'm not sure Bristol is." I say softly.

"Doesn't look like it but she'll get there. How about you see if you can help calm her nerves?" He suggests.

I smile, "I've tried but I'm gonna try some more. I'll see you in a minute, best man?" I ask him jokingly.

"Yes, maid of honor." He says with a crooked smile and walks away.

Brandon is already at the altar.

Then Peeta and I will walk out together since they chose us to be their party, not really having much of a choice otherwise but we are happy to be there for them both.

"Bristol, are you okay?" I ask her and she stops pacing.

"Yeah, just scared."

"Scared? Why?" I ask her, concerned.

"I'm not scared, I guess I'm just nervous. What if Brandon doesn't wanna marry me?" She shoots.

"Sweetie, I can guarantee if he didn't want to marry you he wouldn't have asked. Plus, he wouldn't have wanted to marry you as soon as he could, like the weekend after asking." I say truthfully.

"What if it's too soon, Kat?" Bristol asks with a tone full of doubt.

"If you love him then it's not too soon. I know it was within a weeks time but one, I didn't do all this work for nothing and two, you should just trust me on this, that it is the right time for you two." I laugh.

She smiles, "Thank you, Katniss. I really appreciate this and wow, you really are an angel." Bristol says, hugging me closely.

"I mean, I can't help it." I say teasingly.

This causes her to smile a mile wide.

Peeta comes back seconds later to retrieve me, "Ready?" He asks, holding out his arm to me.

I link my arm with his and we begin to walk down the aisle in unison.

"It's crazy to think this will be us one day." Peeta whispers softly to me as we get half way down.

I smile and give him a reassuring squeeze.

I can't wait for mine and Peeta's wedding day.

All this planning is making me wish it was sooner, whenever sooner is.

We make it to the altar where Brandon and an officiant wait.

I go on the opposite side of the altar while Peeta stands back behind Brandon.

I smile as I look into the crowd of unfamiliar faces.

All but one.

Mrs. Brown, the dorm advisor is in the front row. She gives me a wink and turns as the bride's music begins.

Everyone turns and looks towards the glowing bride coming through the doors.

Her smile grew another mile or ten wide by the time Bristol reached Brandon.

I look over to Peeta as Bristol and Brandon recite their marital vows.

He gives me a shy smile and I return it.

They recite their vows and kiss.

I look over again to Peeta and he gives me a wink, I grin and shake my head slightly.

Tears fill my eyes as I see my new friend, now a married woman.

Her life changed forever.

I stand behind the now married couple and clap happily.