Chapter Sixty-Five

Katniss POV- (Six o'clock that day)

"Where are we going, Mr. Mellark?" I ask as Peeta drives through downtown District Twelve.

Peeta smiles widely, "I have a place, Miss Everdeen." He says.

A few minutes later, Peeta pulls up to a huge building with tons of cars parked outside.

"What's this place?" I ask, looking down at the high heels Peeta made me wear.

"We're gonna go dancing."

"Peeta, really?" I whine.

"Come on, it'll be fun." He says.

I groan.

"It's not a bar, is it?"

Peeta nods, "A club but this place is for people 16-21." He says, answering my question.

I nod, "Okay. Good." I say, giving in.

"You ready?" He asks.

I give him a fake smile and nod my head, get out and immediately link hands.

"It's okay. We don't have to go if you don't want to." Peeta says.

"No, I'm fine. I've just never danced before." I say.

"That's a fib if I've ever heard one before."

"No, it's not."

"We danced at prom." He reminds me.

I laugh, "Okay, but that's different." I say truthfully.

"It's no different." Peeta assures me, squeezing my hand.

We walk up to a ticket booth where a large man sits.

"How many?" He asks with a straight face.

"Two." Peeta says.

"Fourteen dollars."

Peeta hands him the money and the man holds up a stamp.

"Your age?" He asks Peeta.

"Nineteen." Peeta says and the man stamps his hand with a '19' on it.

"And your age?" He asks me.

"Eighteen." I say and the man stamps an '18' on my hand.

"Go on in." The man says with a bored voice.

Peeta and I walk inside the building to find tons of couples dancing to mostly slow songs, so that's good.

I assumed it would be a lot louder and a lot more wild but this doesn't seem bad.

I stand behind Peeta awkwardly as he leads me through the crowd.

"May I have a dance?" He asks.

I shrug and decide it can't be that bad.

"You may." I say, gripping his hand just as another slow song comes on.

The music soft and has a good beat.

Peeta leads me in a two step, his hand on my waist and mine on his shoulder, our other hands intertwined.

I can smell the cologne and perfume of everyone in the club and feel the heat radiating off of everyone's sweaty bodies, but it doesn't matter because Peeta and I are the only ones in the room.

The multicolored lights strobe around the dance floor shining hues of electric green and blue on our faces and the lights above us cascade pink spinning circles upon the floor as we dance around.

One, two.

Back.

One, two.

Back.

One, two.

Back.

The continuous movements, they seemed hard at first but now Peeta nor myself even have to think as our feet shuffle against the floor.

My whole body feels airy and light.

My hand and hip tingles where Peeta's fingers lay and my throat feels dry.

It feels like the first time I met Peeta, well, after I got over the fact I was trying to hate him in the beginning.

I remember every time I would see him or talk to him or touch him, my throat would dry up and I would get really happy and feel airy. Whether I wanted to admit it then or not, it happened even if I never realized at the time.

It happens at moments like these and sometimes when I'm not even expecting it at all.

The song dies down but we continue dancing as many more play and die down.

We dance for hours, without stopping.

Just staring into each others eyes, so mesmerized by our love, occasionally we talk and joke but we just have a really wonderful time.

The last song of the night is announced and Peeta and I of course dance it.

Finally, the song slowly dies down and Peeta spins me around and pulls me back, and crashes my lips onto his.

Right there in front of everyone.

The fireworks inside us boom as the big finale of the night.

The perfect way to end the perfect night.