Chapter Eleven

Katniss POV-

"Ms. Everdeen, your assignments, please?" My English professor asks politely.

Confidently, I gather up my essay and walk them to the desk at the front of the room.

"Thank you." She says with a smile, "Did you have a tough time?" She whispers under her breath.

"Yeah, but doing the reports really helped me a lot, I think. Thank you." I say, smiling.

"You know, the only reason I assign so much work is because I hope my students eventually learn from their work."

I smile softly at him,"That is a really nice lie." I joke and she winks, shaking her head.

(That night)

I hear someone coming into my room and see that it is Bristol.

"Hey, how was your day?" She asks me.

Bristol reminds me a lot of Annie, she is nice and caring just like Annie.

I smile,"Hey, it was great. How was your day?"

"It was so wonderful, Katniss." She says and sits at her desk next to me.

I let out a chuckle, "Oh yeah? What happened?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

"Oh, nothing." Bristol says, blushing.

I grin, "Hm, nothing? That blush didn't look like nothing to me." I say with a smirk.

Bristol swings her legs back and forth in the chair, out of what I am assuming is excitement.

"Tell me." I whine and pout my lip.

Bristol grins and shakes her head.

"Why not?"

"It's a secret."

A secret?

"About you or me?" I ask her.

"I don't know." She laughs.

I narrow my eyebrows at her, "Liar." I whisper under my breath.

"What was that, Kat?" Bristol says in a sugar sweet voice.

My eyes get wide, "Nothing." I say laughing.

"You're funny, Kat." Bristol says and I just stare at her.

I know that if I do it long enough she will give in and tell me what's going on.

"Stop."

I continue staring until she can't take it anymore.

Bristol shrugs, "Fine! I'll tell you."

I give her a satisfied look as I drop my gaze.