Chapter Thirty-Seven

Katniss POV- (Later that evening)

"So, Katniss. I heard you and Peeta fighting earlier." Johanna says.

She and I are out on the back porch talking.

We both need air and everyone else is inside, too busy to notice we are gone.

I look over at her, "I really don't wanna talk about it." I sigh.

Johanna nods her head, "We heard enough that we could all guess what was happening." She admits.

My face reddens, "That's so embarrassing. I'm sorry you had to hear that."

"You don't have to be sorry towards us but you're pretty fucking stupid thinking Lover Boy would ever cheat of you." Johanna shoots.

I look down at my feet and to the fallen leaves on the ground, I don't say anything because it's true.

"I know but there's a lot going on you all have no idea about."

"No matter what is happening, you're still stupid to think he would ever cheat on you." She says.

I nod my head, she's 100% right.

"We are gonna play games soon, just like old times." Johanna tells me after a few minutes of awkward silence.

I let out a chuckle, "Really? Whose idea was that?" I ask her.

Jo gives me a look that says 'You should know.'

"Finnick?" I ask.

She nods her head.

"Well, we better get inside before they all come out to get us." Johanna says, nudging my arm.

"They haven't even noticed we are gone." I admit.

She laughs, "And you're the person of honor."

I shake my head, "Just like old times."

She smirks.

We get up and go back inside to find them all gathered in the living room.

I go sit by Peeta whose sitting on the floor, leaning against the window-seal.

"Hey, you okay?" Peeta murmurs.

I smile at him and lean back too whilst everyone else talks, just like old times.

Peeta wraps his arms around me and I lay my head in the crook of his neck.

I kiss his jawline and his head gently lays on top of mine.

I feel so much better than I have in over a week.

After about ten minutes, the talking stops.

"Kat! Peetie! It is game time!" Finnick cheers.

I roll my eyes and Peeta and I unravel ourselves and follow everyone else into the dining room where they've set up games.

I walk into the kitchen, lugging Peeta behind me.

We walk in and Finnick has every board game we've ever played with him.

I roll my eyes when I see a game, none other than Candy Country.

It reminds me of nights in high school when we used to play this game.

I always thought it was silly for us to play it at age sixteen.

For us to be 18 and older?

Even worse.

"Finnick, we are all adults. Do we seriously have to play Candy Country?" Johanna complains.

"Yeah, Finnick." Glimmer pipes in.

"It wasn't even cool when we were five, ten, sixteen, and it's not gonna be cool when were nineteen." Cato says, punching Finnick playfully on the arm.

Finnick gives us all a disappointed look.

"But guys, it's my favorite." Finnick whines like a small child.

I grin at him and he sees, he smirks back at me.

"You're an idiot." I snort, rolling my eyes.

"I know."

"Finnick, you're going to have to charm us all with your good looks if you want to play it bad enough." Marvel says.

We all give a chuckle as Finnick strikes a pose.

Annie kisses his cheek and he gives us a pouty face and Peeta is the first one to give in.

"Come on guys, let's just let him play the game." Peeta says, immediately giving in.

Everyone groans at Peeta's words but Finnick looks satisfied, "Ha, that's my Peeta." He scoffs and hugs Peeta in a brotherly way.

I roll my eyes and look at Annie who does the same.

We are both used to those two acting like idiots together it's normal for us.

"Finnick! Let go of LoverBoy and set up your game before I don't feel like playing!" Johanna says sternly causing him to jump.

We all laugh and sit around our big kitchen table.

Finnick sets up the game and we play seven rounds.

Seven.

I will say, it is an okay game but it is ridiculous how simple it is, yet Finnick finds it to be so entertaining.

"You know, the only thing bad about tonight is not having my sugar cubes to eat every time I-I mean, one of us win." Finnick blurts out.

Annie nudges Finnick's side with her elbow.

"I know, it's just not the same without the sugar cubes, is it buddy?" I ask him.

Finnick, being Finnick, shakes his head dramatically, "It's not, Kat. It really isn't." He says, hand on his heart.

"No one likes to eat that crap anyways." Johanna says.

The girls laugh, "Yeah, Finnick and you almost always win and you're the only one that enjoys eating sugar." Madge says.

"It isn't even a part of the game either." Clove says.

Finnick frowns but continues to do what he was doing.

"Oh, come on, everyone. Let Finnick have his fun." Gale says, patting Finnick on the back.

"Thank you." Finnick says.

I smile at Peeta and he smiles back.

I missed our friends.