*19*

I smiled at the floor while hiding my blush. I nodded at him and closed my locker.

"Come on, let's move." He said as he puts his arm around my waist. I nodded and had no other choice but walk with him.

I guess he isn't that bad.

***

"So that's all that happened." I finally looked up at Lyra to see her shock expression.

"Wow! No wonder he accepted to let you stay in his house."

"No that?..." I chuckle "that was because I needed help so do not go that far."

"I even see you not wearing that big hoodie of yours today."

"I already put it on when he demanded me to take it off so 'so people can see I'm his'. I would have argued with him but I just have to do what he wants to avoid scary scenes."

"True." Lyra said nodding. Nathan just dropped me off at class before going to his. Thank God we only have Maths together or else I might just suffocate.

So here I am in Business class doing absolute nothing because Lyra has been bothering me to tell her everything since she saw me with Nathan. I was just about to give a lame excuse when she says the teacher is even sleeping on the desk which is true so I had no choice.

"I miss the hold you. Always happy, bubbly and mostly bitchy not giving a shit about who you talking to." Lyra said holding my hands with glassy eyes.

"Please Lyra just stop." I said moving my hands from hers and looking away. "So tell me about you. How have you been."

"Well, I met this other handsome dude at the Starbucks...."

***

After putting my English book in the locker as quick as I can, I quickly turn looking around if Nathan is coming. I am really not ready to see Nathan again and get more attention than I'm already. All I'm trying to do is avoid him till after school which suppose to not be easy considering we don't sit next to each other in Maths.

I make my way quickly to the cafeteria then I remembered Chanel will probably humiliate me in front of everyone in the cafeteria.

I turn to walk on the other direction. Only to almost land on the floor if not for Nathan's strong arms. Wait, Nathan. I sigh in defeat. As I try and give him my best smile.

"Don't fake it if you can't feel it." He said narrowing his eyes at me. My lips quickly went down as I clear my throat and itch the back of my head.

"Sorry." I whisper.

"Where were you going?"

"Huh, To the field." I said sadness written all over my face even though I try to hide it but it's impossible with Nathan.

"Why?" He said pulling me closer to him before kissing the top of my head.

"I just wanted to be alone."

"Without me?"

"No, no w-with you of course. B-but when I didn't see you I decided to go alone."