*BOOK II: 28*

LARISA'S POV

"So how is it going?" I asked Antonio as I continue wiping my hair with the towel all dressed up for the day. I set next to him on the couch as he types so fast on his Ultrabook. 

"I can't wait to see the shock on their faces when they find out you are more than alive." Antonio turns to me and smirks before smashing his lips on mine, I momentarily kiss back. Our mouth smoulder together and went with the flow. Few minutes later I broke the kiss as we stare into each other's eyes while trying to catch our breath.

"I love you prezioso."

"I love you to my prezioso Antonio." I said then wink. He chuckles.

"You're learning." He nods.

"Oh please just knowing how to pronounce and knowing the meaning of just a word isn't knowing the language you know." I said picking up his wine glass and taking a sip before returning it back to its position.

"But you are picking up."

"Let's hope after this war, I know it all."

"Let's hope so." He nods. The room felt with silence as we look into each other's eyes. I thought came to my mind, as I become doubtful. Is he going to leave me again? Is he going to stand by my side no matter what? Does he really love me? Or his love isn't strong enough to be with me after all we past through, I mean I past through? I shouldn't get to attach to him, I might just get disappointed anytime.

"Hey, is something wrong?" Antonio asks softly. I let out a tiredly sigh before forcing a smile.

"Nothing is wrong. Why do you ask?" I said and ask. Antonio stares at me for a bit too long then nods faces down before moving back from me and faces the Ultrabook again and starts typing.  I let out a sigh and got up from the couch.

"I'm so tired. I'll just go take a nap. Wanna join?" I asked. He shook his head still looking at the screen. "Are you sure you don't want to join me?"

"Go and take your rest, Larisa." He says but honestly it looks like he is trying to keep calm. I slowly nodded and went upstairs.

***

I blink my eyes open and noticed the darkness in the room. I set up and looked around, Antonio isn't here. I got up from the bed and left the room, going straight down the stairs. I took the direction to the living room where I saw him last before going to sleep. To my surprise, he is still there but this time he isn't with his Ultrabook. He is just starring at the ceiling.

I slowly walk towards him and set on the couch. I brought my hand to his shoulder.

"Do you trust me?" His question left my hand mid air and I brought it back to myself.

"Why do you ask?"

"You don't trust me." He says. I kept quiet. "That's why you looked doubtful earlier." He lightly chuckles. I just cleared my throat and tried sitting in a comfortable position. I didn't know he noticed.

"I..." I didn't know what to say. The truth is, I am doubtful about him. I feel like the day will just come again and we part ways again. I keep expecting the time he leaves me to come, maybe he'll just leave me after that day we end everything with my lovely father and darling husband. The sarcasm. I just want to enjoy the moment before it's too late.

"Why don't you trust me?" He stares at me emotionless.

"You left me for three years Antonio, it isn't a short period of time." My vision becomes blurry. The brutality if those memories resurfacing.