*BOOK II: 24*

LARISA'S POV

I slowly open my eyes due to the brightness of my surroundings, making it adjust to it. Once it was fully opened. I looked around and noticed I'm in the hospital room. W-what happened? H-how?

I quickly got up and stand on the ground but as soon as my feet touch the ground I lost balance and fell on.... someone. Antonio. His eyes immediately opens and he was about to reach for something but stopped once he noticed it's me. But it was too late as we both fell with the chair backwards. I yell at the pain that shot from my knees.

Antonio immediately got up holding me tight with one arm and used the other arm to get both of us up. Then carrys me bridal style back to the bed. I quickly set up to stare at my legs to find out they are both bandaged starting from my feet up to my knees.

"Are you okay?" I heard Antonio vibrant deep voice but it felt like forever since I heard it. I looked up at his face with a confused frown.

"What happened to me?" I asked. Looking at his surprised expression. He looks away and clears his throat before looking back at me with a concern look.

"You really don't remember?" He asked. I looked back at my legs trying to think. Then it strikes me.

Managed to pass the guards and jump out the gate. Met with Frances. Passing many trees. Frances finally stopped. He looked guilty. I found out his friend was Demian. I told him to quickly start the car. My family was at stake. I kissed him. He's unconscious as I pushed him. Bullet shots I started the car. High speed. Demian noticed what I was doing but I turned as we crashed on the wall.

"Hey! Larisa come back!! You are shaking!" I came back to reality then looked up at Antonio with wet eyes. The gun shots, the sound of us crashing. I shut my eyes tight and closed my ears with my hands trying to get rid of the sounds and images. I screamed out loud. It's frustrating.

Next thing I know I was injected then my eyes slowly shuts.

***

I woke up with a headache. I hissed and slowly set up before looking for water around but was met with Antonio's striking eyes.

"Are you okay?"

"My head.... it hurts." I replied. He goes to the table and comes back with two pills and a glass of water.

"Take this." He hands me the pills first. I quickly swallow and took the glass of water, drowning it all in. "It will ease the pain." I nodded. "Take some rest."

He helps me lay back down with my head on the pillow. I sigh and shut my eyes. The pain slowly eases and soon after it was all gone.

My family was at stake.

I quickly set up and looked at Antonio who looks confused.

My family was at stake.

"Is something wrong? Are you okay?" He asks.

"Where is Frances? I remember.... I remember I was with him when we got the....when we.. Where is he?" I asked. Antonio took his eyes on off me, looking away. I pull at his arm. "Antonio please, tell me."

"Why do you care?"

"Antonio I got in the accident with him! Of course I should care. I'm the one that was controlling the car-"