𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 2 - The Chipmunk

LISA

The next day.

It's already past one in the afternoon when I woke up. My head is throbbing and spinning due to excessive drinking last night.

Damn, hangover sucks.

After that event with Jennie yesterday, I immediately called our other friends and asked them to hangout with me to our favorite club. I couldn't remember what happened last night at the bar, all I know is that I danced with them and drank a lot of booze, then blackout.

Though my head is still throbbing, I immediately fixed myself because I need to go to our company building.

As the only daughter and the successor of the Manoban Group of Companies, my father, the founder and the owner made me the chief executive officer and let me handle our businesses operational structure.

I am now one of the youngest CEO. Luckily I'm running our businesses smoothly, but as the only heir, I am still having a low-profile for my safety.

An hour later.

I am now hurriedly walking inside our company building cos I need to attend an important meeting with our new investors today.

I am on my way now to the meeting room when my phone suddenly rings. I took it in my coat pocket and immediately checked the caller, hoping that it's not Jennie cos I'm not yet ready to talk to her.

My worry is gone when I saw Rosé's name on the caller.

Roseanne Park is my childhood friend. Her nickname is Rosé but I prefers to call her Rosie.

We met in Thailand when we were young. Her father is a good friend of my dad and her family are always having their vacation in our family mansion. They were Koreans, but they live in Australia. The Parks have a lot of businesses internationally as well, so Rosé decided to manage their business here in Korea and luckily the two of us got reunited.

I answered my phone and I immediately heard her high-pitched voice that hurts my ear.

"Where the hell are you Miss CEO? The investors are already here. We can't start the meeting without you." Rosé said anxiously.

I forgot to tell you that the Parks is one of our business partners and this Chipmunk, I mean Rosé usually represents them during our meetings.

"Sorry, I'm about to call my assistant that I'm on my way." I said.

"What happened to you? I know that you're only late when you have a hangover. Did you party again last night? I told you to stop doing that when you are upset with Jennie. What she did this time to hurt your feelings again?" She said.

"Not now Chipmunk. Please stop whining, I'm almost there." I said and immediately ended the call. Sorry I'm not sorry Chipmunk cos I don't want to hear your speech right now.

Rosie and my other friends knows about my hidden feelings for my best friend. Jennie is probably the only one who doesn't knows about it.

I'm now standing at the front door of the meeting room, so I immediately checked my phone again. I saw some messages and missed calls from my assistant and friends. What caught my attention are Jennie's consecutive messages. I'm about to open one but my assistant suddenly called me.

"Miss Manoban the meeting is about to start you're just on time." She said.

I gave her a small smile and immediately enter the room. I saw Rosé giving me deathly glares, but I ignored her and greeted our new investors instead.

And then the meeting goes on.

A few hours later.

After the meeting I immediately went back to my office. I'm about to sit on my leather chair when I didn't notice that the Chipmunk followed me.

"Lalisa Manoban let's talk." Rosé said that suddenly made me look at her.

"What? Is it about the meeting? We already signed the contract with them." I said and look away.

"It's not about that goddamn meeting, you know what I'm talking about." She anxiously said. Damn, she's really getting on my nerves.

"It's nothing Rosie, I just went to the club with Seulgi and the others last night." I told her calmly.

"I know you Lalisa, you only drink when you are upset with Jennie. What she did this time? The last time you got really drunk on the club and almost got into a fight is when she got a boyfriend. Tell me, I'm here to listen. You don't need to rely on the alcohol always." Rosé said and sit on the chair in front of my table.

I sighed and looks at her. I did't know if I'm going to tell her about what happened yesterday cos I know that she will only scold me for being so whipped with my best friend.

"Nothing, Rosie." I said and look at the papers on my table.

"Lisa." She said now calmly. "Promise, I will not judge you." She said and gave me a genuine smile.

"Gosh, fine." I said to her.

And I told her everything.

A few minutes later.

"My gosh Lalisa, remember what I told you before, NEVER EXPECT because you will only be disappointed." Rosé said.

"I know Rosie. I know that I don't have the right to complain or be demanding on her, but I'm only human. I have feelings. Fuck these feelings." I said without looking at her cos my tears are starting to form in my eyes.

"Oh my Lalisa. Are you crying? Please don't cry. Someday Jennie will realize how lucky she is for having you in her life." She suddenly stood up and walk over to me. She hugs me tightly that puts a smile on my face.

"I hope so Rosie." I said to her.

"I know what to makes you feel better. Let's go out and eat our favorite foods." Rosé said that made me look at her. "And of course, it's your treat." She teased me with a big smile on her face.

"Yah Chipmunk you are only making me feel better to get free foods." I scolded her, but she just chuckled at me.

"Of course not." Rosé said and rolled her eyes on me.

The two of us are still hugging each other when my office door suddenly opens and our unexpected guest entered.

_______________________________________
Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT & FOLLOW ME everyone