𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 41 - Shambles

LISA

Jennie is calmer now after an hour of driving around. She was a crying mess earlier, yelling at me to get out of there, but now she's quiet and just stares out the car window with her puffy eyes. If I had known his father had returned, I would never have asked her to pay a visit to her mother. I know she's devastated right now. She went through a lot when her father abandoned them, and all that pain may be returning now. I'm hurting for her as well because I can't do anything to relieve it.

I came to a halt in a secluded area. Jennie hasn't moved from her seat and is still staring out the window. I'm not sure what's going on in her head right now.

"Love." I said, holding her shoulder, but she flinched. She didn't return my gaze, instead she kept staring out the window with a blank expression. I'm at a loss for what to do this time. What if she is upset with me as well

"I'm so sorry I didn't know your father was back. I swear if I knew about it, I would never bring you to that place. I swear, Jennie." I explained to her, and tears welled up in my eyes. She suddenly turned to face me and looked at me intently.

"I believe you. I-i saw his face again and I started to panic. Everything suddenly became a mess, Lisa. I'm so sorry. I believe you. Please don't cry." Jennie said, crying again. I unbuckled my seat belt and moved closer to her. I hug her tightly, and we're both crying now. The only thing I can do now is share her pain. "It hurts so much, Lisa." She said. I grab her face and kiss her passionately, hoping to alleviate her pain. I gently pulled away from her and gave light kisses to her face. I can taste her tears now.

"I promise you, I will never let that happen again." I told her. She nodded at me and hugged me tightly for a few minutes before we let go of each other. "Do you want to go home now? I can call Jisoo unnie and Rosie. We can talk to them tomorrow. I'll call my assistant to cancel the restaurant reservation." I said, but she shook her head.

"No, they need us this time. Let's meet them." She said solemnly.

"Are you sure?" I asked, concerned. She nods at me, then gives me a small smile.

Later that evening.

Jennie and I walked into the Italian restaurant while holding hands. We were both surprised when we arrived because the staff had made an effort to make the place more romantic.

"We can still make it a date, a double date." I told Jennie, but she just smiled at me. A few minutes later a staff approached us, but his eyes widened when he saw me with my wife.

"Good evening." He said and bowed, then he moved closer to me to whisper something. "Miss Manoban, someone is already waiting for you. She said she is your date, and her name is Miss Jisoo Kim." The waiter said nervously to me.

"She's not my date, but she's with us." I explained, then chuckled. Jisoo unnie is such a tease. "She's just teasing you. Is she the only one here?" I asked.

"She's the only one there, Miss Manoban. Let me lead the both of you to your table." We followed the staff, and we noticed Jisoo unnie frowning at her seat. The staff pulls the chair from our table to allow us to sit.

"Why are you two late? I've been waiting here for more than an hour." The chicken is already irritated. "Maybe the two of you have a quickie, am I right?" Jisoo unnie said, smirking at the two of us, but I smacked her head.

"Ouch!" She exclaimed, holding her head.

"You deserved it." I said. "Where is Rosie?" I asked.

"I don't know. I'm texting and calling her, but she's not answering her phone." Jisoo unnie shrugged, but I could tell she was concerned by her expression. Where is that Chipmunk? "So, tell me the real reason, why are the two of you late?" She asked once more.