𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 9 - The Eyes Say Everything

LISA

I still can't believe a lot of things are happening to Jennie right now.

Yesterday afternoon, I decided to distance myself from her so that I could think and possibly have a change of heart, but when we talked last night, everything changed. I can't just abandon her like that. She needed me right now, her best friend. But my conscience is now gnawing at me for lying to her again.

Flashback

"Thank you so much, Lili. I'm so grateful to be your best friend. I love you so much. Can you promise me one thing? Please, no more secrets to each other."

I was shaken by what Jennie said, but I gathered myself and turned around to face her.

"Of course, Nini... Of course... No more secrets between us...Go ahead and change your clothes, I'll get the ice cream," I told her.

"Last one Lili, what kind of girl do you like?"

"Why would you ask that out of the blue?" I joked. But her sudden question makes me nervous.

"You said you only like a certain type of girl. What type of girl is she, Lili?" she asked with furrowed brows. "Hey Lili, answer me."

"I-i'm just messing with you Nini. If you're going to ask again, I don't like anyone right now."

She gave me a serious look before rolling her eyes. "Are you telling me the truth?"

"Yes, Miss Jennie Ruby Jane Kim, as I previously stated, there will be no more secrets between us, so now proceed to my room and relax."

"Fine, Miss Lalisa Manoban, I believe you. But, if you're ready to date someone, just tell me and I'll help you to find one," Jennie said before kissing me on my cheek and walked into my room.

Present time.

"Good morning, Miss Manoban." I snapped out of my daydream when one of my employees cheerfully greeted me in our company's hallway as I made my way to my office on the top floor of our building. I simply nodded and entered the private elevator for the executives.

Confessing my feelings for Jennie is out of the question for the time being. I need to put my feelings aside and support her as her best friend. I don't want to be a burden and add to her problems. It's funny how, as Jennie told me last night, she keeps all her problems to herself because she doesn't want to bother me.

There are numerous consequences if I confess. I'm not asking her to return my feelings. What bothers me is how she will handle my confession. I lied to her, a white lie, telling her I'm not interested in anyone when in fact, I'm madly in love with her. How will she react to it? I've been keeping it from her for far too long. I'm not sure if she'll accept it or hate me for it. But I'll think about it later, the best thing to do is to be with her as her best friend, the one she can trust and rely on.

When I arrived at my office floor, my assistant greeted me as she always does.

"Good morning, Miss Manoban."

"Good morning, Miss Park. What is my schedule for today?"

"You don't have any important appointments today Miss Manoban. You just need to attend a meeting with the CMO and other Marketing executives for our new campaign this afternoon, and you need to sign some important documents later."