𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 15 - Interruptions

LISA

Seulgi and I decided to return and eat with our friends after our conversation. The playful Seulgi has returned and continues to tease me.

"Lisayah, I'll help you with Jennie tonight." She says, smirking at me.

"Don't bother my friend, you know she's already taken," I told her. "I'm still sad about it, but I can't do anything because I don't want Jennie to ruin her relationship with Mino because of my selfishness. All that matters now is that we enjoy our time together."

"Lisayah, for once in your life, fight for your feelings for her because if she likes you too, you'll regret it forever." Seulgi said, pouting. I will consider it, but I just shake my head at her.

When we arrived at the dining hall, we sensed our friends' gloomy mood. "What's with the long face, everyone?Do you dislike the food?" I asked, then Seulgi and I sat next to Jungkook and Taehyung. I'd like to sit next to Jennie, but she's already between Joy and Jisoo unnie.

"Lalisa, we love the food, it's all delicious. Thank you so much, but we're just worried about Jennie, she looks so pale after returning from the restroom." Joy said.

I didn't notice Jennie wasn't looking well when we arrived, so I got up and went straight to her. I touch her face with my both hands and examine her face intently to see if she is pale, but her eyes are not looking at me.

"Hey Nini, look at me, are you okay?" I asked, growing concerned for her.

When her gaze fell on mine, tears started to form in her eyes, then suddenly she looks away.

"Nini, look at me, are you sick?" I try to hold her face again, but she shoves my hands away. She stood up and wiped her tears.

"Guys, maybe I'm just tired from the trip. Don't worry about me. I'm just going to rest in my room." Jennie said to our friends without looking at me.

"Nini, I'll go with you." I told her.

"N-no." Her voice is stuttered. Is she upset with me?

"But Nini." I said with a pleading voice.

"No, Lisa. I can handle myself, and you haven't even eaten your food." She said and walked away. Jisoo unnie grabs my hand as I'm about to follow Jennie.

"Leave her alone for now Lisa. When she feels better, she'll join us." Jisoo unnie told me.

Jennie's mood is completely unpredictable today. What's really going on with her? I couldn't understand her anymore, and I'm starting to feel worried for her.

I returned to my seat, and Seulgi and I ate our meals while the others chatted again. After we finished eating, some of our friends went back to their rooms to rest, while others decided to go sightseeing.

As for me, I went back to my room to rest for a while, but I couldn't sleep well because I was still thinking about Jennie. So I went to her room to see if she was all right. I knocked on her door but received no response.

"Nini, are you there?" I asked again, after a few seconds she unlocked the door and opened it. Jennie didn't greet me and instead returned to her bed.

I followed her and sat beside her bed. When I look at her, her eyes are closed.

"Nini, are you still feeling dizzy? Do you want me to get you some medicine for that?" I asked, touching her arm, but she suddenly moved it away.

"I'm fine now, Lisa, and I'll be out later to join you all." She said, her eyes still closed.

"I'm glad you're feeling better now, Nini. I don't want you to miss the bonfire tonight." I told her.

"Don't worry, I'm going." She says as she opens her eyes and sits. Her eyes appear puffy, possibly because she fell asleep.