𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 29 - Insect Bites

LISA

My head is pounding like a drum. Damn, I'll never drink again. I slowly open my eyes and wonder if I'm hallucinating because all of my walls are white.

I suddenly open my eyes wide and look around. Please don't tell me I made the same mistake again. I peek beneath the duvet and see that I'm dressed in boxer shorts and an oversized shirt. I sighed in relief, then suddenly Jennie emerged from the bathroom wearing her bathrobe and a towel over her wet hair. I almost drool over what I'm seeing when she suddenly greets me, and I snap out of my daydreaming.

"Good morning." She said as she turned her gaze away from me and began packing her belongings into her luggage bag. I'm still wondering why Jennie is with me and where are we.

"Good morning. Uhm, Jennie, where are we?" I asked, and she abruptly stopped what she was doing. Her brows are furrowed as she looks at me.

"What do you mean where are we?" Jennie asked, her voice irritated. "Have you forgotten what happened yesterday?" She asked as she approached me. She is now standing at the edge of the bed with her arms folded across her chest. She's now staring at me, waiting for my response.

"Yesterday?" I held my temples and tried to recall some details from yesterday's event. After a few seconds. "We got married yesterday." I told her. "How can I forget about that?" I smacked my head and got out of the bed.

"Is that all you remember? Just the wedding?" She asked, turning away from me.

"We also had a big party last night and I drank a lot." I said as I walked over to the glass window to look outside. "Oh! I know this view. We're in our hotel. Why am I not familiar with this room?" I said to her, but I noticed she wasn't moving and was staring at the bed, so I walked over to her. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked, touching her shoulder, but she flinched and moved away from me to get her things, but I noticed one of her brows was raised and her cheeks were pink.

"By the way, Bambam called. I answered your phone because you're still sleeping. He invited us to eat brunch with them and said he wanted to give you something before we left." She said without looking at me.

My relatives are still staying at our hotel. I'm curious about their flight back to Thailand.

"How about you? Do you like to eat with them?" I asked.

"I'm fine with it." Jennie said quickly.

"Okay. I'll call Bam to confirm." I said, grabbing my phone from the table beside the bed and dialing Bam. Jennie speaks to me again after the short call.

"You can take a bath now while I fix myself here." She said, still not looking at me.

"All right." I said as I dashed to the bathroom. Damn, why has the atmosphere suddenly become awkward? Did I do something wrong to her yesterday? I pressed my forehead against the door to concentrate once more. Damn, I'll never drink more than I can handle again. Maybe a cold shower will help me remember everything that happened yesterday.

An hour later.

Jennie and I are on our way to our hotel's dining hall. We decided to meet my relatives there for brunch. There's still an awkward atmosphere between the two of us, and she hasn't spoken to me since I came out of the bathroom. She's just walking silently beside me. I was about to start a conversation with her when I heard my name called out of nowhere. I didn't realize we were already in the dining hall, and my loud cousin is now calling out to us.

"Hey, Lovebirds!" Bambam exclaimed. I smacked his head as we approached them. "Ouch! Why do you do that?" He asked, holding his head, but I ignored him and smiled at my other cousin Minnie. I kissed her on the cheeks and hugged her. Jennie welcomed her and hugged her as well. She greeted Bambam and was about to hug him when I suddenly pulled her away from him, and her eyes widened.