𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 35 - Bae from Paradise

JENNIE

The next few days are quite peaceful, and there is still no sign of that psycho guy. What if YG is just messing with us? But still Lisa insisted in providing me my own bodyguards as a precaution. At first, I'm annoyed because they are always with me. My employees are also curious about the additional securities in our company, but they get used to them over time. I'm used to them now as well because they're discreetly guarding me and letting me do my usual stuff.

But what bothers me now is that Lisa and I haven't spoken in over a week. Following that awkward conversation, she became more distant. I hardly ever saw her these days. Every time I woke up, she was already at work, and every time I returned home, she was still at work, staying late. Every time she returned home, I fell asleep already. I stayed up late one night while we were still staying at the mansion to wait for her. I pretended to be working on some office paperwork. She entered the room quietly, and I could tell by her expression that she was surprised to see me still awake. She only said good night without looking at me, then do her stuff and fell asleep on her couch again. Is that how much she despised me now? She can't even look me in the eyes.

Things got worse when we moved into our own house. We now have our own rooms, and I've never seen her enter or exit the house since we moved. It's as if I'm living alone. Kuma and the bodyguards outside the house are the only things that make me feel that I'm not alone in the house.

I'm sitting in my office, trying to figure out how I'm going to talk to Lisa when Jisoo unnie suddenly snaps her fingers in front of me.

"Earth to Jendeukie." Jisoo unnie said. I sigh and return my attention to the papers on my desk. "What's the matter with you? You look awful. Is it Lisa or that idiot Mino?" Unnie asked, concerned. She now calls Mino by different names since I told her about my situation with him.

"I don't know, unnie. Maybe I deserved all of this." I said and sighed again.

"What are you talking about?" She said.

"I'm worried about Lisa, unnie. I don't know what's wrong with her. After she apologized to me that night, she became more distant, and she's not talking to me. We rarely see each other, even though we're living in the same house now. I miss her so much." I sadly explained.

"But what about your idiot boyfriend? Don't you miss him?"

"I don't know, unnie. I even forgot about Mino at all. He never called, so I take your advice and don't call him either, and I don't even miss him after all. What if?-" and I realized something.

I've been unable to function properly since Lisa became distant from me. I miss her in every way. I miss everything about her. Her voice, her warmth and her smile. So the saying "absence makes the heart grow fonder" is correct.

How can I be so dense? Why has it taken me so long to realize this? Damn. Is this why I can't even tell Mino that I love him, because my heart has always belonged to someone else? I'm just too afraid to admit it to myself because of our friendship.

I fixed my gaze on Jisoo unnie, and she went to my sides and tightly embraces me. My eyes are welling up with tears.

"You must talk to Lisa, Jendeukie." Jisoo unnie said as she stroked my back.

"What if it's already too late? What if she changes her mind now?" I worriedly said.

"You won't know until you talk to her, Jendeukie." Jisoo unnie said earnestly. I nodded to her, then my office door suddenly swung open and my great assistant Nayeon entered, looking disheveled. When she saw my condition, her eyes widened. I wiped my tears and pretended to read the documents again while Jisoo unnie smirked at her, and then sat on the chair in front of my table.