𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 59 - Lovesick

LISA

The next morning, I woke up with a throbbing pain in my head. My head is probably aching because I couldn't stop crying after my argument with Jennie last night. I'm well aware that this is entirely my fault. I kept pushing her to speak to her mother last night, ignoring her feelings.

I sighed as I looked at the empty side of our bed. 'I'm already missing her.'

Tears are forming again in my eyes, but I quickly wipe them away. I shouldn't be acting like this. I need to talk to her, admit my mistakes, and ask for her forgiveness.

After a few minutes, I fixed myself. I went directly to the guest room. It's the weekend, and I know she usually oversleeps on these days. I'm about to knock on the door when a cleaning lady walks out of the room.

"Good morning, Sajangnim." She said, bowing. I looked at her, puzzled, then I look inside the room.

"Is she inside?" I asked.

"Who, Sajangnim?" She asked.

"Is my wife in the bathroom?" I asked, but she shook her head.

"Madam left an hour ago, she told me to tell you that she's in the office, Sajangnim." She said, smiling.

"Thank you." I said before returning to our room. I sat on the bed and messed up my hair. "Gosh! Jennie never works on weekends. I'm doomed. She's really mad at me." I said to myself.

'Should I call her? But she might get upset more. Perhaps she needs more time to calm down, but what if she decides to leave me?' I was debating whether or not to call her when I decided to call Jisoo unnie instead.

Jisoo unnie answered after a few rings.

"What the hell Lalisa, it's the weekend. Why are you calling so early?" She grumbled. "If it's about the bar opening tonight, my baby and I will be there. See you later, Lisa-" She was still speaking when I cut her off.

"It's not about that, Unnie. Please listen to me first. Can you check on Jennie right now? Can you call her for me, but don't tell her I made you call her?" I plead.

"What are you talking about? Is she not with you? Where is she? Why do I have to call her? You're the wife, and I'm just the cousin, duh." She questioned me.

"She left early this morning to go to her office." I told her, sadly.

"Office? Jendeukie never works on weekends. Are you two fighting? What the hell did you do Lalisa?" Her tone pitch of voice is quite high now .

"She's mad at me, unnie. She didn't even sleep beside me last night." I sighed.

"What did you do to her? You probably did something horrible to her. Did she catch you flirting with other girls? Did you cheat on her?" She enragedly demanded now.

"O-of course not, unnie. You know I would never do that to her. I love her so much. I-it's because of her mother." I said weakly.

"What happened?" Her tone has softened, but she is more serious now. "Tell me everything, Lisa." She said, and I told her everything that happened yesterday.

"...I know it's all my fault, unnie. I'm being inconsiderate with her feelings. Gosh, she probably hates me now." My voice is now broken as I try to suppress my tears.

"Lisa, don't think that way. We all know how much she loves you, she's just hurting right now, just give her some time. That cousin of mine is quite stubborn when it comes to listening, which is why it will take some time before she listens to my auntie. When she knows the truth, her heart will be soft again to her mother, and I hope that she will forgive her at that time." She said to me.