𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 31 - Complicated

LISA

The sun was nearly set when we returned to our mansion. My hangover caused me to overslept in the hotel. I'm glad that my parents were still here when we arrived, but they had an early flight back to Thailand with my relatives this evening. After we finished dinner with them, Jennie and I said our goodbyes and went to my room. We decided to spend the night in my room so that the servants would not be suspicious of our relationship.

"Did you bring Mr. Teddy?" I asked about her teddy bear, and Jennie nodded. "You can have the bed. I'll sleep on the couch." I said.

"No, this is your room. I'll sleep on the couch." She insisted.

"Don't argue with me. We both know you don't like sleeping on the couch. When we move to our new house, we can bring Kuma there. For now, sleep in my bed." I told her.

"Fine, you win." She said as she sat down on the bed. "Do your cousins know about my situation, Lisa?" Jennie asked out of the blue.

"Yup." I immediately replied, and turned on the television in my room. I'm looking for a movie to watch right now.

"Is it okay with them?" She asked and got out of bed to sit beside me on the couch.

I nod to her before speaking. "They understand everything, you don't have to worry about them." I explained to her. Not telling her that I lied to my cousins for her. Lying about our fake relationship.

Jennie looks at me skeptically, but later shrugs her shoulders.

"I like Minnie. She's nice." She said.

"Yup. And she's really sweet." I said, and Jennie gave me her gummy smile. "But never ever piss her off, she's a tough one." I said seriously. "How about Bam? What can you say about him?" I asked. "Does he make you feel uncomfortable?"

"No, he's not. He's more like Seulgi, but he's nice as well." She said sincerely.

"Yeah, he's the playful type. I told Bam to change, but he said he wanted to enjoy his youth." I chuckled at her, and she laughed as well. "By the way, change of topic, I asked Rosie to accompany you to see our house tomorrow." I said abruptly to her.

"Rosie? Why? Are you not coming with me to see the house?" She asked.

"I need to do something important tomorrow, but we can have dinner with Rosie and Jisoo unnie tomorrow night." I told her.

"Are you going with Jisoo unnie?" She asked, and I nodded.

"Is it about the illegal creditors? Are you going to meet them tomorrow? I'm going with you. We don't know what they might do to all of you." She said but I turned away from her and stood on my seat.

"You already said it Jennie. We don't know what they might do, and we all know that they want you the most, so please stay with Rosie tomorrow. Everything we've done would be wasted if you don't listen to me. Trust me, I will never let anything happen to you or your family." I said, and she looked at me with full concern. I make my way to the door and prepare to leave the room.

"Where are you going?" She asked with furrowed brows.

"Go to sleep, Jennie. I'm just going outside for some fresh air." I say as I exit the room without looking back at her. I get a glass of whiskey and walk back to our back garden. I sit on one of the benches and gaze at the sky. I don't know what will happen tomorrow, but I'm hoping everything goes as planned.

After an hour, I returned to our room, where I saw Jennie is now comfortably sleeping in the bed.

'I think I should sleep as well because tomorrow is a big day.'