𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 24 - Go With The Flow

3ʳᵈ POV

Lisa walked out of Jennie's room with a heavy heart. She's heartbroken, but she cannot show it. Jennie and her mother needed her now. Even if she can't be her best friend anymore, she can still be someone who protects them, so she needs to be stronger and hide her pain.

She went downstairs and noticed the three women conversing in the living room. "Lalisa, what happened to you? You look devastated." Jisoo asked when she noticed the Thai, but she immediately received a smack on her arm from Rosé. "Be cautious of your question Jisoo." The blonde said before walking over to Lisa. "Are you okay?"

Lisa pats Rosé's head and smiles. "I'm fine, Chipmunk." The Thai said, then rubbed her nape. "I'm so sorry everyone I have to leave first. I received a message from my mom that my relatives from Thailand are already in our hotel. She asked me to welcome them." Lisa said, then look at Jisoo. "Unnie, could you please drive auntie and Jennie in our house later. You know Jennie, she doesn't want to be fetched here." Lisa said then she walked towards Mrs. Kim.

"I'm sorry auntie, I can't come with you, but I'll meet all of you in our house tonight." Lisa said and smiled at Jennie's mother.

"No problem, Lisa. I'm sorry again for dragging you into this situation." Mrs. Kim said, her eyes welling up with tears.

"Don't worry auntie, it's my own free will to help you and Jennie. All I want is the safety of both of you. And please, stop worrying, it's not good for your health." Lisa smiles at her, and Mrs. Kim can't help but hug her. "You're a good person, Lisa. You're too good for us."

LISA

When my relatives visit Korea on vacation, they always stay at our hotel. But they didn't come for a vacation today, they came to attend my upcoming wedding. For sure they will tease me, so I'll just have to put up with them and pretend to be excited about it as well.

Before leaving for the hotel, I called my assistant and asked her to start preparing for my wedding, which is only two days away. I know that my future wife and I should be the ones to prepare it, but our situation is different. Ms. Park couldn't believe what I asked her at first because it wasn't part of her job, but it dawned on her when I spoke to her seriously and told her that nobody should know about it because it was too confidential.

I'm grateful that Ms. Park is a reliable and efficient assistant. She was my father's assistant before me, so I trust her. I'm confident she can complete it in a shorter time. We don't care about the money. All she has to do is find a credible wedding coordinator who will complete their duties on time.

As I'm driving to the hotel, I recall my conversation with Jennie and suddenly feel again the pain inside my chest.

"Damn Lalisa, don't be sentimental right now. Jennie's safety is your top priority. Stop crying." I mumbled to myself and wiped away my tears.

JENNIE

My entire world is crumbling around me. Everything had changed in the blink of an eye. The mother I adored, the one I idolized and aspired to be like when I grew up, is not the person I believe she is. Because my mother is a liar. I'm completely devastated. I'm at a loss for words now that I'm with her. She's trying to communicate with me, but I can't speak to her. I'm not ready to hear any more of the lies she forces me to believe for the rest of my life.

We're on our way to Manoban's mansion. I'm getting nervous because we're having dinner with my future in-laws. I'm not sure how Lisa persuaded her parents to let her marry me. Possibly her mother is easily convinced, but I'm not sure how she persuaded her father. Even though we're older, I'm still afraid of him because he's so strict with Lisa and rarely smiles.