𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 5 - An Old Friend

JENNIE

After Lisa left, I took the seat in front of Jisoo unnie.

"Yah Jendeukie! What took you so long to come here? Don't you know that we are already starving." My cousin said anxiously.

"Duh, you already known me, unnie. It takes time for me to picked the best outfit, and I don't have my car right now as well." I explained.

"If you told me at once that you don't have a car we fetch you first before we went here." She said and scowl.

"I'm staying at my mom's house. You know that I hate being fetch there." I said and look away from her.

"Oh." Jisoo said and became silent for a couple of seconds before she speaks again. "I-i'm so sorry Jendeukie. I don't know that you're staying at auntie's house. Sorry for saying that. I know that you don't want to remember it." Jisoo unnie sadly said.

"No big deal unnie, I'm fine already." I said and weakly smile at her.

The very reason why I hate being fetch at my mom's house is because, I always remember that awful day when my great dad, great my ass, promised me that he will fetch me at our house after his work. He promised me that he will bring me to the amusement park for my 10th birthday.

I waited for hours for him, but he never comes back. Then the next morning, my mom spoke to me with puffy eyes. She told me that my dad already left us with another woman. I am so mad at him. I promised myself that I will never wait for someone again to fetch me at that house.

Lisa knew about it. She comforted me at that time and decided that if we go out, she is just going to fetch me in our meeting place near my house instead, so I will not remember my awful memories with my father.

I'm still on my train of thoughts when Rosé suddenly speaks that made me snap of it.

"Jen, are we going to order now?" Rosé asked me like she is about to cry.

"Just wait for a bit. Lisa is not yet back." I sternly said. What's keeping her so long in the comfort room?

"But I'm so hungry. I'm feeling like I'm going to pass out." She said and pout.

"You're overly dramatic Rosie. Stop with the pouting. Maybe Lisa is not feeling well. I'm just going to check on her." I said and rolled my eyes on her.

"Don't be so hard on my chipmunk Jendeukie." Jisoo unnie scolded me, but I just stick my tongue at her. I'm about to stand to go to the comfort room when we suddenly saw Lisa coming to our table with someone beside her. The two of them are giggling while talking to each other.

"Who is that lady with Lisa, Jendeukie?" Jisoo unnie asked curiously.

"I don't know unnie. Lisa never introduces her to me. How bout you Rosie? Do you know her?" I asked.

"No idea." Rosé said seriously.

I immediately put my resting bitch face when the two of them reached our table.

"I'm so sorry it takes me long in the comfort room." Lisa said and scratched her nape. "I bumped to this lady who is an old friend of mine from high school." Lisa said and smile to the lady beside her.

'A friend!'
For the world! I know all of her friends. I couldn't remember this one.

Lisa suddenly stiffen when she saw my disbelief expression.

"Ladies, this is Mina Myoui. Jennie do you remember her? She is one of our classmates in high school." Lisa introduced her to us that widened my eyes again.

"I remember her." I said that made Lisa smile.

I remember her now, she is the girl with the bob cut hair that always invited Lisa to join the dance club.

I'm so pissed at that Mina before cos she's always asking Lisa, but I never let my best friend join them. I knew some of the members are only making fun of her cos Lisa looks like a nerd at that time. I heard some of the members are planning something for her. They want Lisa to join so they can make fun of her that made me furious and got into a fight with them, then I am called in the principal's office and got a penalty of cleaning the school ground for a week. Lisa asked me what happened, but I never tell her the truth. I just told her that they want to get my lunch money that's why I got mad.

Honestly, Lisa is a great dancer maybe if I don't hear them making fun of her I will let her join that club.

I just don't know if this Mina's intentions are pure and really believe on Lisa's talent, that is why I always told Lisa to turn her down.

"Hello Jennie, long time no see. How are you?" Mina asked and smiles at me.

"I'm good. It's nice to see you too." I said and gave her a small smile.

"I envy you Jennie. You keep getting on touch with Lisa through all these years." Mina said.

'Is she dumb. Of course, I'm her best friend, duh.'

"We are best friends remember." I said. My gaze from her went to Lisa and my brows suddenly furrowed. Am I imagining things? It's like I saw Lisa became sad when I said those words, but my best friend suddenly looks away from me and gaze at my cousin instead.

"By the way Mina this is Jisoo Kim, she is Jennie's cousin." She said. "While this lady sitting beside her is Roseanne Park. The two of them are my bestest friends as well." Lisa said and chuckled.

"Oh hello. It's so nice to meet the both you." Mina said and immediately shake their hands.

"We are happy to meet you too." Rosé said and give her a toothy smile.

"Lisa, why don't you ask your friend to join us tonight." Jisoo said and smirked to Lisa. What's with that smirk? And why Lisa has to invite her to eat with us?

"Mina would you like to join us?" Lisa asked and genuinely smiles at her.

Why Lisa keeps smiling like an idiot. Her smiling face starts to piss me off.

"I want to Lisa, but you see my friends there are already waiting for me. They keep gazing here. I'm so sorry." Mina sadly said.

'Nice answer Mina, it put a small smile on my face.'

"That's fine Mina I understand." Lisa said and scratched her nape.

"Maybe we can hang-out another time. Can I get your number?" Mina suddenly asked.

W-what! Have I heard it right? This Mina girl is getting her phone number. Lalisa you better not give your -

"Sure, give me your phone." Lisa answered immediately.

I saw on my peripheral vision that Jisoo and Rosé are looking at the two of them with a wide grins on their faces. 'These two ugh.'

"Thank you, Lisa. I will message you later. See you soon." Mina said and smiles at her. "Thank you as well Jennie, Jisoo and Roseanne." She said and waved goodbye to us, then she went to their table.

"Bye, Mina." Lisa waved back and smiled at her before she sits beside me.

"So, Lalisa cares to explain now?" I suddenly asked her that made her gulp.

_______________________________________Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT & FOLLOW ME everyone ♡

Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT & FOLLOW ME everyone