𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 12 - Confused

LISA

Jennie and I comforted Irene after she revealed her thoughts on Seulgi. I'm aware that Seulgi enjoys teasing girls, but I'm also aware that she knows her limitations. She will never hurt Irene because she adores her. I decided to speak with her later so that Irene would not misinterpret her actions.

After that, Irene and I have a brief conversation. She invited me to her new restaurant in Seoul. I told her that when I had the time I would visit and bring the others there.

A few minutes later, Irene fell asleep and rested her head on my shoulder, that makes me feel uneasy.

Jennie and I are clingy to each other, but I'm used to it. Sometimes with Jisoo unnie and Rosé but, I'm not used to being in this situation with other girls. I'm not used to it because most of the time, girls misinterpret what I do to them and demand more. That's why I act cold to them. It's better to behave that way than for them to hope, because I can never return their feelings. I'm madly in love with someone and that someone is Jennie Ruby Jane Kim, my best friend.

I know Irene isn't just another girl because she's also a friend, but we're not that close. We rarely interact. This was the longest interaction we've ever had. We usually only greet each other when I'm with Jennie or when she's with Seulgi before.

But, I can't simply push her away from my shoulder because I don't want her to think that I'm a rude person. I think I'll just put up with it until we get to our destination.

The car ride is now completely silent. I look at the back slowly so Irene will not wake up. Most of my friends were sleeping, but Rosé and Jisoo unnie were giggling and munching on their snacks. Jeez, those two, but I'm glad to see them so happy.

I noticed Jennie looking at me in my peripheral vision and sighed, so I turned my gaze to her, but she was already looking out the window with a serious expression. Her brow is furrowed. Is she all right?

"Nini...Hey Nini," I said quietly so as not to wake up the others. Perhaps she didn't hear me because she kept looking out the window. I decided to text her because she was holding her phone.

 I decided to text her because she was holding her phone

Then I look at her. I noticed Jennie checking her phone before returning her gaze outside.

What the hell?! Didn't she get it. But when I looked at my message, I saw that she had seen it. What is the matter with her? Why is she ignoring me? I can't move or talk to her properly because Irene is still leaning on me. I'm so confused right now. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong this time.

I don't care if Irene unnie wakes up, I'm about to call Jennie and hold her hand when the car suddenly stops. The driver then says to me,

"Miss Lalisa, we've arrived."

"Thank you very much, Mr. Lee," I said.

Seulgi is the first person to exit the vehicle. I noticed she was glaring at me. She noticed Irene leaning on me. Damn, I don't want her to think anything about me and Irene.