𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 63 - The Rainbow After The Storm

LISA

I'm now strolling through the back garden of our family mansion. I can smell the heavenly fragrance of the flowers here, and it relaxes me. I noticed a large wooden chair and decided to sit on it. I gaze up at the sky and marvel at the breathtaking scenery above me. I was still looking up at the sky when I felt someone tug on the hem of my shirt. I shrugged it off because I thought it was nothing and I was already sleepy. I was about to close my eyes and take a nap when someone suddenly pulled my shirt again. I look beside me and my eyes immediately widened when I noticed a little girl with chubby cheeks sitting beside me. I look at her with interest, and she looks back with the same expression. Is she imitating me? I smile at her, and she returns my smile. Her feline eyes are so cute that she reminded me of someone, but I can't recall who.

"Who are you?" I asked, looking closely to see her face, but she only giggles at me and grabs my face with her both hands. She kissed my nose before releasing my face, then she gets out of the chair and begins to walk away from me.

"Hey, where are you going?" I asked, thinking about following her, but she shook her head, as if telling me not to, and then a little boy came. He smiled and waved his small hand at me. His doe brown eyes reminded me of someone once more. Who are these children? They begin to walk away again, and when I try to follow them, I am unable to move from my position. I called them, but all they did was giggle at me. I was about to call them again when I heard their voices.

"See you soon." They said and I suddenly woke up.

I woke up with medical equipment attached to my body, and my head began to ache. I noticed my mother beside me, and she opened her eyes wide when she realized I was awake now.

"MARCO! MARCO! YOUR DAUGHTER IS AWAKE NOW! CALL THE DOCTORS RIGHT AWAY!" My mother yelled at my father. My father gave me a quick glance before leaving the room. I try to move my body, but my mother stops me.

"Please don't force yourself, my baby Lali." She says, looking at me with concern. I tried to speak, but she couldn't hear my voice, so she moved her ear closer to mine.

"W-wa-water." I said.

"Let's see the doctor first, my baby." She said, caressing my cheeks. I take a look around, and then I remember my wife. Where has she gone?

"J-je-jen-jennie." I said to my mother.

"Oh my goodness, of course you'll look for her." She says, her eyes widening before softening again. She gently rubbed my hair and fixed her gaze on me. "I asked Jennie to go home and rest for now because I found out from your friends that she hasn't left the hospital since you arrived here. She'll be back later, my baby." My mother explained with a smile. "I'm so glad you're awake now, my baby Lali. I was afraid we'd lose you." She said, her eyes welling up with tears.

The doctor and several nurses entered the room suddenly. My mother informed them that I had requested water, and one of the nurses brought a glass of water with a straw and assisted me in sipping it slowly. While the doctor examines me, my parents remain on the other side of the room.
After a few minutes of examination the doctor instructed the nurses to gently remove the equipment from my body. Then, the doctor begins to ask me questions, but because I couldn't speak clearly, he instructs me to put my thumbs up if my answer is yes and down if my answer is no.

He first asked if I remembered who I was, and I gave him a thumbs up. When they asked if I knew my parents, wife, and job, I gave the same answer. The doctor then asked more questions. After the last question I give the doctor a thumbs up, and he gives me a thumbs up and smiles before leaving the room to speak with my parents. I give a weak smile to the nurses who are removing the equipment, and I notice they are blushing as they leave the room.