𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 48 - Interactions

JENNIE

"You're truly back, Song Mino," I said blankly at him.

"Hey baby, what's wrong? Aren't you glad I'm already here?" He said, pouting at me. I'm doing my best not to cringe when he calls me 'baby'. I step away from him and place my bag on my table.

"N-nothing, I'm just surprised you're here." I said without looking at him. "When did you come back?" I asked.

"Last Friday, baby. By the way, I've been contacting you since I returned but I couldn't reach your phone." Mino said as he sat on the couch in my office, crossed his legs, and took a magazine from the coffee table.

"Lisa brought us to Thailand for a short vacation. We just returned last night." I explained. When he heard me, he put down the magazine. He put it back on the table and rose from his seat. He walks up to me and stares at me with amazement in his eyes. What's wrong with him?

"Is that a free vacation from your friend?! Wow, I envy you for being her best friend. She is so generous." He said, crossing his arms across his chest. "Lisa's future wife or husband will be so lucky. They will marry an heir to a multibillion-dollar corporation." He said and grins.

If only he knew, his girlfriend was already married to that multibillionaire heir. I just nodded and went back to fixing the things on my table when he continued speaking.

"Do you think their family will request a prenuptial agreement once she marries?" Mino suddenly asked.

"What? Why are you suddenly asking that?" I asked seriously. What is the matter with him? Why is he so interested in Lisa's life?

"I'm just curious. I remember you saying Lisa has never been in a relationship. Perhaps I can introduce her to one of my single friends." Mino said, wiggling his brows at me. I used to find it cute when he did that, but now it irritates me.

And how dare he arrange Lisa with his friends all of a sudden, are they only interested in her inheritance, that is why he's asking about the prenup. Dude, she already has a wife, and she's right in front of you? Damn, he's really pissing me off right now, but I'm still trying to keep my cool.

"I don't think that's a good idea. Haven't you seen the article about her?" I said, making a resting bitch face at him.

"What article?" He asked. I was about to respond to his question when I noticed a small glass figurine of the Eiffel Tower on the side of my table. Mino suddenly grabs the figurine and proudly hands it to me.

"Do you like it? It's my gift to you for our second monthsary, aside from the roses. I bought it in Paris. You should treasure it because it cost half a million won." He proudly said, smirking at me. I give him a small smile before shifting my gaze to the glass cupboard in my office. His gaze drawn in that direction as well, and his eyes widen when he notices a swarovski crystal figurine of the Eiffel Tower displayed in there.

"I had no idea you already had one." He said. "If I'd only known about it, I wouldn't have bought it." He murmured to himself, but I could hear him. Seriously Mino, right in front of my face. "Perhaps you should replace that one with this. I don't like the design of the one in your cupboard." He says, widening my eyes. Hell, no. Lisa bought it for me when we traveled to Paris to see a fashion show. If he only knew, that figurine is worth twelve times what he gave me.

"No, that's a gift to me as well. Thank you. I appreciate your gift, and I'll just put it up there later." I said, trying to keep my irritation at bay. He nods and looks at me intently. His stare makes me feel uncomfortable, so I moved away from him. He caught me off guard just as I was about to sit on my leather chair. He suddenly grabbed my hand, pushed me to him, and hugged me tightly. I'm trying to get away from him, but he's too strong for me.