𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 39 - The Red Tulips & Gossip Girl

3ʳᵈ POV

Jennie entered the building with a gummy smile on her face. She had been mad for a while because of those girls, but Lisa erased all her rage with her sweet words and kisses. Jennie's emotions are like on a roller coaster every time she's with her. It's the first time she's felt this way. She is in love, content, and overjoyed. She's totally whipped.

Jennie is happily walking towards her office when the employees notice her face. They are all in awe of what they are witnessing. They couldn't believe that The Great Ruby Jane isn't wearing a poker face today.

"Good morning, everyone."

She even greeted them with a smile that took everyone by surprise. They return her greeting, and she smiles again as she walks to her office. Employees begin to speculate about their boss's sudden changes.

"Is this for real? She's smiling." One of the employees said quietly.

"Perhaps she isn't feeling well."

"But she looks so happy." They murmur.

"She looks even more stunning when she smiles."

"Do you think the gossip is true?" She heard an employee murmur to her coworkers, which made her stop walking.

'A gossip about me.' Jennie wanted to approach them and ask what they were talking about behind her back, but she decided to just shrug it off because she was so happy to be mad today. She was getting closer to her office when she ran into her assistant.

When Nayeon sees her boss in front of her, her eyes widen. "G-Good morning, Miss Ruby Jane." Nayeon said, bowing to her superior.

"Good morning, Nayeon." Jennie replied and smiled that surprised her assistant.

"Is she going to fire me now?" Nayeon mumbled to herself, pouting.

"Where are you going?" Jennie asked.

"T-to the Finance department, Miss Ruby Jane." Nayeon replied, looking down.

"Why are you going there?" Jennie asked again.

Nayeon is so nervous right now. She didn't expect her boss to asked about her whereabouts.

"I-I'm going to get the financial reports you requested, Miss Ruby Jane." She said and scratched her head.

"You still haven't gotten the documents from them, but I told you to get those before I left for the meeting yesterday." Jennie asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I-I was going to go there yesterday Miss, but I bumped into Miss Manoban and-" Her assistant is still explaining when Jennie suddenly cuts her off.

"Whatever, just get it." Jennie said as she entered her office, leaving her assistant puzzled.

"Is this for real? She didn't even rant at me." Nayeon giggles as she rushes towards the Financial Department.

JENNIE

I walked into my office and was about to sit in my leather chair when I noticed a bouquet of red tulips on my table. Where did it come from? Is it from Mino? But he never gave me tulips because he is too obsessed with roses. Maybe from Lisa, but she was with me a while ago unless she called someone to deliver me flowers when I went to the café's restroom earlier, so cute, but she knows my favorite flowers. "Whatever, I will gladly accept it because it's from her." I smelled the flowers and opened the small envelope, then excitedly read the note on the black small card.