𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 16 - Revelation

JENNIE

Lisa, Jisoo unnie, and Seulgi have been teasing each other like children since we went outside the vacation house to prepare our meals. I'm relieved that Lisa's attention is now focused on them, so I don't have to interact with her and pretend that everything is fine.

Even though I'm disappointed, I can't help but smile whenever I see Lisa having fun with our friends.

"Are you really okay now, Jen?" Rosé asked out of the blue.

"Yes Rosie, thank you for asking." I replied with a smile.

"I'm glad you're okay now." She says as she holds my shoulder and smiles back at me.

My gaze returned to Lisa, but my smile faded as I remembered what I had heard earlier. 'Of course, you know that my heart is already owned by someone else,' Lisa's words have been playing over and over in my head since I left them in the dining hall.

"Jennie may I ask you a question?" Rosé suddenly asked, making me stammer.

"W-what is it?" I asked.

"Is something wrong with you and Lisa?" She asked.

"Nothing Rosie, how can you say that?" I lied to her and concentrated on the foods we were preparing.

"I've just got this feeling that something is wrong. It's like you're avoiding her, which I'm not used to because even when you're mad at her, you always confront her first, even if she's too afraid of you, then everything resolves so quickly and becomes fine again between you two."

Everything she said was true, but I'm not sure if I can confront Lisa now. We had our moment earlier in my room, and if Rosé and Unnie hadn't barged in, I'm not sure what would have happened. I'm not sure if we already talk or fight. But now I'm not sure if it will happen again, if I'll ever have the courage to tell Lisa what I heard and question why she kept it from me. I'm too hurt and feel betrayed.

"Don't worry Rosie, everything is fine. Lisa and I are still the same. We're good." I lied to her.

"You know you can always tell me anything, Jen." She said, smiling at me.

"I know Rosie, thank you." I said, continuing on with my work.

Following the preparation, we decided to eat our dinner outside and then start the bonfire. We're all sitting around it now, drinking beer. I'm sitting in between of Jisoo unnie and Lisa. I don't have a choice when my best friend sits beside me because if I change my seat, she will notice that I'm avoiding her and will ask me questions that will irritate me even more. So I just go with it and let her do whatever she wants. I'm glad she's now talking to Jungkook beside her about some new business, my only problem is this chicken who keeps staring at me with a wicked smile.

"Hey unnie, why are you keep staring at me?" I asked with a blank face.

"I'm just admiring your beautiful face, cousin." She said, then chuckled at me. I just gave her a sarcastic smile and sipped my beer again.

"Nini, don't drink too quickly, you know you have a low tolerance for alcohol." Lisa suddenly said.

"Are you drinking your beer, Lisa?" I asked out of the blue, causing her brow to furrow.

"Yes, Nini, I'm drinking mine. I told you I was going to drink tonight." She explained. I just gave her a blank look and said,

"You're drinking, I'm drinking, fair enough."

"But, I don't want you to get drunk." She explained.

"Just mind your own business, Lisa." I said, looking at the fire in front of us. I heard her sigh, but I ignored her and drank my beer again. A few minutes later, Seulgi appeared, holding a whiskey.

"Hey everyone, I brought this for all of us, especially you Lisayah, because I know you love it! I can't wait to see your dancing skills again." Seulgi laughed. I saw Lisa give her a deathly glare then look at me, but I just ignored her and drank my beer.

Taehyung and Jungkook excuse themselves after a few minutes to get a speaker because Joy keeps whining that she wants to dance, I guess she's a little drunk. Rosé, Wendy, and Irene are drinking with her. I was about to join them when Jisoo unnie asked Lisa a question that made me stay in my seat.

"How's your date?" Jisoo unnie asked Lisa.

After unnie's question, Lisa almost threw up her beer.

"What date?" I asked Lisa while looking at her intently, hoping that this time I'd know who this girl she likes.

"I-im not sure what she's talking about Nini. What are you saying Chicken?" She asked, then Seulgi came over to sit beside her.

"Oh Lalisa, you know what I'm talking about. Rosé told me about it. You had your first romantic date with Mina." Jisoo unnie said and laughed.

"Yah unnie! W-what are you talking about? Mina and I don't go on a romantic date. I-i'm with Seulgi at the time." Lisa explained while stuttering.

"Oh yes Mina Myoui the pretty and sexy girl who joined our lunch. Jisoo, that one got hots for our Lalisa, she keeps admiring her the entire time we are together." Seulgi said, wiggling her brows. Lisa was probably frozen on her seat after that.

I take a sip of my beer to calm myself down while Lisa was by my side, staring at me with fear in her eyes.

"So, the two of you are officially dating now." Jisoo unnie said. "HEY EVERYONE! LET'S CELEBRATE TONIGHT! OUR LALISA GOT A GIRLFRIEND NOW!" Unnie said loudly.

"What are you saying unnie, we're not dating, stop that." Lisa begs.

"Congratulations, Lisayah!" Said the girls. Taehyung and Jungkook just arrived and turned on the speaker. "LET'S PARTY!" They exclaimed, and our friends began to dance.

When I heard Mina's name, my blood began to boil. Seulgi also met her, confirming that lady is the girl Lisa likes. MINA MYOUI, for real, damn you Lalisa!

She has previously stated that she is not her type and they only recently met again. Lalisa, you're a jerk! A total liar. Maybe she is keeping it from me because I told her that I didn't like that girl. For pits sake, I'm her best friend, so I'll try to understand her feelings for her, but am I really willing to accept that she likes that girl?

I couldn't contain my emotions any longer, so I excused myself to use the restroom.

I went to the nearest restroom to wash my face. "What's wrong with you, Jennie Ruby Jane Kim?" I asked myself in the mirror.

I'm not sure if I'm still mad at Lisa because she hides it from me, or if I'm now mad and irritated at myself because I can't accept Lisa's new love. Lisa's entire attention will now be on that girl. She will now spend her free time with her rather than with me. They are going to travel together. They are planning to dine at our favorite restaurant. They intend to watch our favorite films. They will cuddle and... Urgh!

"URGH! DAMN YOU JENNIE KIM, STOP IMAGINING THINGS!" I'm not sure I can bear seeing them together. Then my head starts to ache, maybe because of the beer.

Wendy's sudden appearance in the mirror startled me. "Hey Jennieyah, are you okay, you look wasted." I didn't notice she went inside.

"Yah." I replied, and went inside in one of the cubicles to pee.

I'm too confused to think clearly right now. I don't care what happens now, so I'm just going to enjoy this night and SCREW IT!

_______________________________________Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT & FOLLOW ME everyone ♡

Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT & FOLLOW ME everyone