𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 28 - The Wedding

LISA

I'm sipping my favorite scotch when the door to my room unexpectedly opens. My two great cousins came in and walked towards me to surprise me with a hug, so I had no choice but to put my glass on the table beside me and hug them as well.

"Hey, why are you two so nice to me today?" I laugh and release the hug.

"You're getting married, Pokpak. I'm so sorry for you. You can't look at other girls now." Bambam said, pouting, but Minnie smacked him on the head.

"Shut up, Bam." She said. "Lisa, can we talk to you privately?" Minnie asked. "I know it would be a hassle, so five to ten minutes is enough."

"Of course, no problem," I said, and then I asked my hairstylist and make-up artist to give us a few minutes to talk in private, then the people in our room left me alone with my two cousins.

"Why are you drinking Pokpak? You're getting married. Do you want to get wasted later?" Bambam asked as he sat on the couch in my room.

"I'm just taking a few sips because I'm nervous." I explained, but Minnie took the glass on my table and drank the scotch right away. My pupils dilate in surprise.

"Hey, why did you do that?" I grumbled.

"For your own good, Lalisa. You want this wedding, so bear it." Minnie said, rolling her eyes as Bambam stuck his tongue out at me.

"Whatever, so what are we going to discuss?" I asked.

Bambam and Minnie exchange glances before turning to face me.

"We already have the money." Bambam said. My eyes widen and glitter with happiness.

"That's great. Thanks to both of you." I said, hugging Minnie beside me.

"Well, you know you're our favorite cousin." Bambam joked.

My cousins are aware of Jennie's situation, and they are loyal enough to me to keep it from my father. I easily persuade Bambam to help and support me, but Minnie, being the most perceptive, complicates matters. It took me some time to persuade her. She questioned me a lot because she knows Jennie and I are just best friends. So I had to lie to them in order for them to help me without hesitation. I told them that we were both in love and that I didn't know what to do if something happened to Jennie. I'm grateful that Minnie believed us after seeing our act at our dinner.

"I don't know how to thank you both." I said. I'm so grateful that they've never let me down.

"Just let me call you Pokpak for the rest of our lives, and you'll be paid." Bambam laughed again.

"Damn you, I'll pay you next month, twice the amount, or even three times, just never call me that again." I told him.

"Nuh, just pay me. I can't help myself from calling you that." He said, chuckling.

"Are you sure about this, Lalisa? You're putting a lot on the line with this wedding, especially your father's trust." Minnie asked.

"I have to, Minnie. I can't afford to lose Jennie to those guys. I have to protect her and her family from them."

"She has no idea how fortunate she is to have you in her life. You would do anything for her." She said, and I blushed. "Just don't hesitate to ask for our support again if anything happens, okay?" She says as she hugs me again.

"Thank you so much again. I owe both of you so much." I say as I hug her.

"We'll give you the money tomorrow. Enjoy your wedding and honeymoon later." Bambam says as he stands up and winks at me.