𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 55 - The Plan

LISA

I've been in my office for hours, but I'm still not understanding everything I'm reading. When I returned to my office this morning, my assistant immediately handed me a stack of reports to read and documents to sign.

Then, my phone office suddenly rings and my head begins to throb again. I pressed the answer button, and I heard my assistant on the other line.

"Sajangnim, Miss Rosé Park is here. She's asking if it was okay to visit you today." Miss Park said that widened my eyes. What's the matter with this Chipmunk? She frequently barges into my office without asking my permission.

"It's okay, Miss Park. Let her in." I said as I hung up the phone.

My precious chipmunk entered my office a minute later, smiling at me.

"Lalisa." Rosé said as she walked towards me and kissed my cheeks before sitting on the chair in front of my table.

"Why are you being so polite to ask if it's okay to visit me? You know you're always welcome here." I smirked at her.

"I know you just returned here, so if you're really busy today, I can retreat and return to my dungeon." She said and chuckled.

"No, you don't have to. I know you don't like it there." I teased.

"You're right. I don't want to stay in our family mansion any longer. I want to get back to my own penthouse. Alice unnie is driving me crazy, she's getting on my nerves. She's stressed out about her upcoming wedding and keeps whining about it." Rosé said, holding her temple. "I apologize for my sudden rant." She said, pouting at me.

"It's fine chipmunk, you know you can always rant whenever you want when you're with me." I said, winking at her, and she smiled genuinely at me. "By the way, why are you really here Rosie?" I asked.

"Well, can't I just go visit my best friend who can finally live peacefully with her lover now. I'm so relieved that the psycho has been captured." She said that made me smile.

"That's why I love you, chipmunk. Are you low-key asking me to treat you to lunch?" I chuckled at her.

"Of course not, you monkey." She said, rolling her eyes at me, but I just laughed. "Seriously Lisa, did Kai already confess? Jisoo told me everything on the phone when I was in Jeju." My bestfriend said with her gaze fixed on mine.

It's been days since the psycho, or as we can call him now, Kai, was apprehended by the authorities. The injured guard confirmed who assaulted him, but that psycho isn't saying anything. When they question him about why he did all of those things, he just smirks and sits proudly in his chair. If I'm being cruel, I've already requested that he be tortured. At least he's been caught. I won't let him get out of that jail, but that guy still makes me feel uneasy.

I'm still thinking when Rosé interrupts my train of thoughts.

"Hey Lisa, did he already speak?" She asked, and I shook my head.

"No, Rosie. He's still not speaking, but the guard confirmed that he's the one who assaulted him." I explained.

"At least he can't get out of there anymore." Rosé said as she crossed her arms across her chest and leaned back in her chair.

"But I'm still feeling uneasy about him. I'm not sure why, but his background bothers me." I said, looking at her intently.

"Why? What did you discover?" She asked worriedly.