𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 49 - Unexpected

3ʳᵈ POV

Jennie is still agitated since Lisa left her office. She had already forgotten about the documents her wife had brought her because she was constantly checking her phone.

She's waiting for Lisa to call or message her, but she hasn't heard from her yet. Jennie tried to call Lisa, but it went straight to her voicemail, that worries her more.

"What did Mr. Han tells her for her to leave right away?" She asked, holding her temples. It's only the beginning of the day, but she's already stressed, and one of the main reasons for this is Mino's unexpected appearance. "And that Mino, damn, why did he have to show up unexpectedly?" Jennie sighed deeply, leaning back in her chair and closing her eyes. Then her phone abruptly beeps. When she saw her phone screen, she frowned. Mino texted her the restaurant address. Her brow furrowed when she recognized the address.

"Isn't it Irene's new restaurant?" she said. She texted Mino back and asked about it.

She frowns when she sees the guy's last message to her

She frowns when she sees the guy's last message to her. She didn't respond and instead put her phone into her suit jacket.

"Why is he like this?" Jennie sighed to herself. She's not having second thoughts about her feelings for Mino. She knows that the one she loves is Lisa, but she's feeling guilty because she's going to dump him later. She will hurt him, but it will be for the best. She was still thinking when someone knocked on her door.

"Come in." She said.

"Miss Ruby Jane, the meeting is about to start." Nayeon said, weakly smiling to her. Her assistant can tell her boss is not in a good mood today. Jennie checked her wristwatch and nodded to her assistant.

They were on their way to the meeting room when one of their agents greeted her.

"Good morning, Miss Ruby Jane." The agent said, smiling broadly at her, but Jennie only nods with her poker face. "By the way, Miss Ruby Jane, they're our newly hired models." The agent said, motioning to three tall men outside the meeting room. One of them was recognized by Jennie. When her gaze met the guy, he quickly smiled and bowed. She was about to enter the meeting room when she noticed the guy's hand. She comes to a halt in front of him and looks him in the eyes.

"You are Kai, am I correct?" Jennie asked, surprising the other two models.

"Yes, Miss Ruby Jane. I'm glad you remembered me." He says and smiles showing his dimples, but Jennie's expression remains unchanged.

"Can you tell me what happened to your hand?" Jennie asked. Kai's gaze is drawn to the bandage in his right hand.

"I accidentally stuck my hand on the door this morning, Miss Ruby Jane." He explained. "But don't worry, it didn't hurt anymore."

"You were a freelance model before we hired you, am I right?" Kai's face is puzzled. He has no idea why her boss is suddenly asking that after asking about his hand.