𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 58 - Stop

LISA

The following days are relatively calm, and everything appears to be returning to normal. We've all returned to our daily routines, one of which is managing our businesses. Despite the fact that it's exhausting and frustrating, I am so content with my life right now because Jennie is by my side. The best part is spending every day with the love of my life. I am also very happy for my other best friends, Rosé and Jisoo unnie, because they are now both open about their relationship with their families. We had dinner with them last night, and I could see how happy they were with their relationship.

The only thing that still concerns me is Kim Jongin, also known as Kai. My wife's ex-model ended up being her obsessive stalker. The psycho who sent my wife creepy letters and nearly killed one of my guards.

Mr. Han is now in my office, briefing me on the criminal charges we filed against him. I'm sitting on my leather chair, listening to him while he sits in front of me.

"Sajangnim, when the authorities told him about the Song Mino case, he became very vocal and insisted that he did not commit the crime." Mr. Han said that made my brows furrowed.

"What? Then who the hell did that if it wasn't him?" I said.

"When they asked him, he became mute again, but his body became tense, as if he wanted to speak but something was stopping him." He explained.

"What about YG? Do you think he's involved in this?" I asked.

"Mr. Kim insisted that he doesn't know the man, but he looks nervous when they mention YG's name." He explained.

"It's suspicious. I guess Kai and YG really knew each other. YG probably forged his documents. Does he really look afraid when they talk about the old man?" I asked again.

"Yes, Sajangnim." Mr. Han said, nodding his head.

"But YG said his son never listens to anyone, which really intrigues me. Dig deeper into that Kai. Maybe we can learn more about him." I told him. For a few minutes, the two of us talked some more. He excused himself after telling me that my lawyers would provide me with more information about the charges in the coming days. Mr. Han was about to leave when we heard a light knock on my door.

He looks at me, asking for a signal to open the door, and I nod. My secretary entered the room when he opened the door and bowed to him before walking towards me. Mr. Han said goodbye once more before leaving me with my secretary.

"What's wrong, Miss Park?" I asked curiously.

"You have a visitor, Sajangnim." She said.

"Who is it, and why are you coming here to tell me personally?" I asked with furrowed brows.

"It's your mother-in-law, Sajangnim, and I asked you personally because you always asked me to decline her calls when she called here." She explained that widened my eyes. "I can tell her you're busy now if you're uncomfortable speaking with her." Miss Park said worriedly, possibly sensing my discomfort.

"It's fine, Miss Park. I'll speak to her." I said, smiling at her. I know Jennie will be upset about this, but I can't just ignore her mother. That woman is still her mother. "Please let her come inside and make us each cup of coffee." I said to her.

"Noted, Sajangnim." She said as she bowed and exited my office.

"Why is auntie here? Should I call Jennie now and tell her about this, but she might get mad at her mom again. Why is it so damn frustrating?!" I was still mumbling to myself when I heard a knock on my door and Jennie's mother entered my office. She gives me a weak smile, so I get up and walk over to greet her.