𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 10 - The Faithful Womanizer

LISA

My neck is aching and stiff after reviewing the documents for our new project. I checked my watch and saw that it was almost time for lunch.

Ring...Ring...Ring

My office phone rings. I pressed the answer button and heard my assistant on the other end of the line.

"Miss Manoban, Miss Seulgi Kang is here. She said that she has an appointment with you, but it's not on your schedule. It's almost time for lunch as well. Will I let her enter your office?"

That Seulgi, who frequently enters my office without my permission, is probably teasing my assistant again. She's been a tease ever since.

"It's fine, Miss Park, let her in."

Seulgi Kang is one of my college friends. She comes from a well-known Korean family and is also a member of our squad. She's been courting Jennie's good friend Irene Bae for almost a year. I know she adores Irene, but she can't stop teasing and eyeing other girls. Maybe that's why Irene isn't acknowledging her feelings. When will she change?

A few minutes later, my great friend proudly entered my office, and I approached her.

"Hey Manoban, how are you? Your assistant is as lovely as ever. What's her name again?" She smirked before hugging me.

I pull away from her embrace and give her a disgusted look. "Her name is Min-young Park. Are you checking her out, my assistant?" I ask, glaring at her.

"Of course not. She's very attractive, but I'm here for you, my friend," She said and grins at me, but I look at her as if I don't believe what she's saying.

"So, why are you here?" I asked.

She chuckled and adjusted her clothes before speaking. "I'm here to invite you to join me and the others for a drink."

"What?!" It's only the middle of the day, is she insane?

"Hey Lisayah, I said let's go out and drink at our favorite club, Wendy and Kookie will follow later," she said casually.

"Are you crazy?! It's only lunchtime. I don't want to get drunk this early. I can't accompany you because I have a meeting this afternoon as well," I explained.

"But you're the boss, cancel it," she says as she walks over to my side and hugs me again. "Please, Lisa, let's go. I went with you the last time you invited us." She looks at me and pouts her lips.

"Seulgi, it's not as simple as that," I said as I pushed her away. "The situation was different last time. I'm not drinking because I want to get drunk," I explained to her.

She walked over to my glass window and gazed out. What's the matter with her?

"What's the difference Lisa, you got drunk because of Jennie, and now I'm getting drunk because of Irene," she says as she looks at me with sad eyes.

"Why?" I asked, "What happened?"

"Urgh! Irene turned me down Lisa! She turned me down for the fourth time!" she collapses on her knees and pretends to be shot in the heart.