𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 14 - Misery

JENNIE

I'm not sure why I declined Lisa's offer to share a room with her. She and I have always slept over, but because of my confusion, I find it awkward to be alone in the same room with her. 'Sorry Lili, please bear with me.' I need some time to process these new feelings of mine.

I didn't bother waiting for Lisa to come out of her room. I decided to go to the dining hall on my own, but to my great surprise, I ran into my silly cousin and Rosé. They're both heading to the hall.

"Jendeukie, where is Lalisa?" Jisoo unnie asked, looking behind me.

"She's still in her room," I told her with a blank expression on my face, knowing that if I show any emotion, she'll tease me again.

"Are you not sharing a room with her?" Rosé asked with a furrowed brows.

"Yup, I'm taking the room in front of her." I boasted.

"But why, Jendeukie? Did the two of you fight again? Can you really sleep alone in that room? Did you bring your teddy bear? Is Kuma in your bag?" Jisoo unnie asked rapidly.

Ugh! This chicken keeps asking so many questions.

"Relax, Unnie. Lisa and I are fine. I just want her to have a good time here and relax in her own room. Don't worry about me because I can sleep without my teddy bear or Kuma. I'm an adult now, I can handle myself." I told them, but deep down I knew I will have an insomnia tonight.

"Jennie if ever you can't sleep in your room you can always sleep with us." Rosé sincerely said to me, then I saw Jisoo unnie look disappointed for a second but composed herself again. I want to laugh about what I witnessed. "Of course, Jendeukie, you can always sleep with us." My cousin said. Damn, this nasty chicken.

"Don't worry about me. I'm grateful for the offer, but I don't want to ruin your honeymoon." I teased them. "I already want a niece, unnie," I said and chuckled, then I noticed Rosé was blushing.

"Yah Jendeukie! You first, then us." Jisoo unnie said, and I just stuck out my tongue at her.

We arrived at the dining hall and decided to take our seats while we waited for the others, there was a variety of food served to us, including charcoal barbecued black pork, fresh seafood platters, grilled abalone, and many others.

"Where are the others?" I wondered as I watched Rosé drool over the food. "What has taken them so long? Can we start eating first, babe?" Rosé is now whining to Jisoo unnie.

"Just a bit, babe. Look. Irene, Wendy, and Joy are coming." Jisoo unnie says as Rosé pouts. This chipmunk is hungry all the time.

I glance in their direction to see if Lisa is there, but she isn't. Oh, that slow monkey, perhaps she's still unpacking her belongings. I suddenly felt guilty for coming here without checking on her. I should have helped her first. I was still wondering when I saw our three friends join us at our table.

"The foods look delicious." Wendy said as she smelled the aroma of the foods.

"I'm brokenhearted right now," Rosé admitted suddenly with a sad face.

We're all stunned by what she said, especially Jisoo unnie.

"What did you do to Rosé, Jisoo?" Joy asked.

The chicken is now nervous. "Hey baby, what are you saying? I'm not doing anything to you." Jisoo unnie says as she embraces Rosé's side, but the blonde is on the verge of crying.

"Jisoo, what did you do?" Irene asked and glared at unnie, but my cousin simply shook her head.

"I swear nothing." She said.