𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 37 - Take Me

JENNIE

I am furious right now. I just realized I am in love with Lisa, but now I fucking despise her 'well not really'.

Damn you Lalisa Manoban, and fuck that Suzy! Suzy is so proud of popping Lisa's cherry. She's so brave for saying those fucking words right in front of my face. I'd slap that bitch and grab her hair if we weren't at my company. I want to terminate her contract rightaway, but doing so would be unprofessional. I really wanted to rant on Lisa right now, but we are not on speaking term, fuck. How could she hide what happened to them two years ago?

I'm already fuming, but I'm keeping it together because we're meeting our friends later. I decided to wear a dress that would undoubtedly make Lisa drool in order to take vengeance on her, but when she saw me, she looked away and asked why I had to wear these clothes. My patience is already fraying. I didn't have the energy to listen to her anymore, so I got into the car and pretended she wasn't there. Even when we arrived at the club, I pretended she didn't exist. I decided to just enjoy the night with our friends and forget about everything that happened today. I was drinking a cocktail with Joy and Wendy when I overheard the crackheads teasing Lisa.

"Yah Lisayah your doom!" Seulgi teases her. "You're always scolding me for sleeping with strangers before, but you're just like me." Seulgi laughs. Perhaps Jisoo unnie told them what happened at the company.

I'm enraged once more. I thought she was different from her friends. What if she's doing the same thing in every country she went for business trip? I felt a pang in my chest. I excused myself to use the restroom and dashed inside to one of the cubicles. Tears well up in my eyes, but I try to hold them back. "You don't have the right to cry, Jennie Ruby Jane. You and Lisa do not have an intimate relationship. She can do whatever she wants with her life." I told myself, but my heart was still in pain.

I fixed myself and walked out of the restroom. Tonight, I want to get drunk and forget about everything. Lisa would not let me drink hard if I went back to our friends. I'm glad I brought my pouch bag with me and decided to order a hard drink from the bartender. I was in the middle of my second shot when a man approached me.

"Is there anyone sitting next to you, Miss?" He asked, but I ignored him. He scratched his head and resumed speaking. "I don't think anyone is sitting here." He says to himself as he sits on the stool and calls for the bartender to take his order. I unexpectedly glance at him and noticed him staring at me. I raised an eyebrow at him, then ignored him once more. I asked the bartender to take my order again.

I'm about to take my third shot when the guy starts speaking again. "Miss, you shouldn't drink too quickly. You'll get drunk easily." He warned.

His words remind me of Lisa. She used to remind me of this because I have a low alcohol tolerance. Now that he's got my attention, I put my shot glass down and stare at him. This guy is definitely attractive, but he's not my type. "I'm glad you listened." He says, smiling, and dimples appear on his cheeks, but I remain expressionless. "Miss, if you don't mind, may I ask you a question?" He asked.

"What?" I asked.

"Uhm, are you perhaps a celebrity or a model?" He asks, looking at me intently.

"No, I'm not." I said, shaking my head.

"But your face is quite familiar. It's as if I've seen you before in a magazine." He continued, his gaze fixed on me.

"Perhaps it was when our modeling agency was featured in a magazine and they interviewed me at the time." I said and he gives me a friendly smile.

"Are you perhaps the owner of the Ruby Model Management?" He asked.

"No, I'm not." I told him, and he frowned. "But my mom owns it." I added, and his eyes widened, and he rose from his seat to bow at me. I stopped him and asked him to re-sit on the bar stool.