𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 54 - The Good Boy

LISA

It's already dark outside, and I'm sitting in the backseat of my car, staring out the window intently. Mr. Han is in the passenger seat, and Bobby, my personal driver, is driving. My excitement from earlier has faded and been replaced by uneasiness. I didn't get a chance to speak with the guard because the moment I entered his room, he began hysterically pleading with me to catch that psycho, claiming that the man was threatening me and that my life was in grave danger. His doctor gave him a tranquilizer to calm him down, which caused him to fall asleep again.

After that event, Mr. Han and I spoke with the inspector who interrogated the guard. He informed us that the psycho intends to threaten me by causing harm to one of my securities. He said we should go home and just talk to the guy tomorrow if he's already calm, and the forensic sketch artist will also come tomorrow to draw the suspect. We thanked the inspector and said our goodbyes. Before we left the hospital, I paid close attention to the injured guard again who was sleeping in the bed. I felt sorry for him because he had to deal with that psycho. I told Mr. Han to give him everything he needed and to help his family as well because I know he won't be able to work for a while due to his injuries.

Here and now I decided to start a conversation with Mr. Han because the inside of the car is too quiet.

"Mr. Han, how about the investigation in Irene's restaurant?" I asked him abruptly. I saw him startled by my voice, then he looked at me and spoke to me.

"Miss Bae willingly cooperates with the investigation team, Sajangnim. The team is still reviewing the footage from the restaurant's CCTV, but there is still no possible suspect in Mr. Song's case." He told me.

"Thank you." I said, looking outside the car once more. "That psycho is really getting on my nerves. I think I need a drink tonight." I said to myself.

"Going to bars and crowded places is still prohibited for the time being, Sajangnim." Mr. Han abruptly reminded me.

"I know Mr. Han, maybe I'll just grab a beer at home." I chuckled at him.

"I'm so sorry, Sajangnim." He said nervously.

"No, don't apologize. Thank you for reminding me." I told him.

"As always, Sajangnim." He said as he bowed his head to me.

When we returned home. I get out of the car right away to look for my lovely wife. I need her hug right now because I'm still feeling down.

"Love, I'm home!" I called Jennie. One of her bodyguards was in the living room, so I asked him where Jennie was. He said my wife is in the kitchen with her cousin cooking dinner, so I thanked him and went there right away.

I overheard my wife and Jisoo unnie conversing while cooking. One of her bodyguards noticed my presence and was about to greet me, but I put my finger to my lips and told him to keep quiet. Jennie and unnie are so engrossed in their conversation that they don't notice me walking behind them. I can clearly hear what they're saying.

"Jendeukie, are you sure about what you're doing? It looks strange." Jisoo unnie asked.

"Just believe in me, unnie. I've cooked this for her before." Jennie boasted.

"Does she like it?" Jisoo unnie asked.

"Of course she enjoys it." Jennie stated.

"What if she just said it's delicious because she loves you?" Jisoo unnie jested.

"Of course not, unnie! It tastes great, and you'll love it once you try it." Jennie responded defensively.

"Nuh, nothing can beat my love for fried chicken." Unnie replied, laughing. Jennie is about to say something when I unexpectedly hug her from behind.