𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 35. 1 - When in Paradise (Bonus Chapter)

FLASHBACK :

Two years ago.

"Damn Bam! I thought we were going to eat dinner. Why the hell did you bring me into a freaking night club? I didn't sign up for this. I want to get back to the hotel." An irritated Lisa complained to her cousin.

"Relax Pokpak, we're here to unwind. I researched about this place. Most of their clients are celebrities and influential people. I've been looking forward going to this club ever since I found out that we're going on a business trip here in L.A." Bambam explained.

"I don't care who the hell goes to that club. I thought we were only going to eat at a restaurant. Have you forgotten that we have an important meeting tomorrow morning?" Lisa exclaimed, now fuming to her cousin.

"Pokpak, please. Tomorrow night we're leaving. You going back to Korea and me going back to Thailand. This is our last chance to enjoy together the nightlife here in L.A." Bambam pouts to Lisa.

"No, Bam. If you want to go, go on your own!" Lisa said firmly.

"You're unfair. I always saw you partying with your friends in Korea on your social media. You even go to Paris with Jennie just to attend some fashion show even if it's not a Manoban related business thing. I just wanted to experience the nightlife here with you. Why you're so hard on me Pokpak?" Bambam sadly said. Lisa's heart was pierced by her cousin's statement. She is now watching an unhappy Bambam getting his phone from his pocket.

"What are you doing?" Lisa asked.

"I'm calling our driver to get us back to the hotel." Bambam said, but Lisa took the phone from him and put it back to his suit jacket.

"You don't have to. Come on, let's go inside before I change my mind and stop being grumpy." Lisa said, her face expressionless. Bambam's eyes sparkle with joy and he smiles broadly to his cousin.

"This is why you're my favorite cousin." Bambam said, attempting to kiss her on the cheeks, but Lisa pushed his face away from her.

"Say that in front of Minnie, and I'll believe you." She said, crossing her arms over her chest as Bambam grimaced on her. "Five shots and we're going back at the hotel. It's our last meeting here, so we need to be there early tomorrow." She said sternly.

"Yes, lady boss!" Bambam exclaimed, saluting Lisa.

"Crackhead." Lisa says as she walks in front of the nightclub to read the name. "For real, Paradise." She shook her head and followed Bambam inside the nightclub.

Several minutes later.

Lisa's brain starts to be affected by the alcohol. The five shots she promised turned into seven, and she's starting to feel the effects of the liquor in her system. Lisa wanted to go back to the hotel before she became completely drunk, but her cousin was still dancing the night away with a sexy brunette. She wrinkle her nose and sits on the stool, staring at her cousin. She's focused on the two when a lady in a red strapless dress takes the vacant stool beside her.

"Rough night?" The lady asked Lisa, who was completely unaware that the lady was speaking to her. The Thai is thinking about how she's going to kick his cousin's butt when they get back to the hotel. The lady is waiting for a response, but Lisa is still unaware of her presence, so the lady approaches Lisa and whispers into her ear. "Uhm, if looks could kill, the guy would be dead by now." Lisa's taken aback by the lady's move, so she moves away quickly and nearly falls to her chair. The lady laughs. "I'm talking to you, but you're so focused on them." The lady says, smiling. Lisa's mouth is still agape, but she tries to compose herself and sits properly on the stool.