𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 22 - Parents Consent

LISA

"Oh my gosh, I miss you so much, my baby Lali! I'm glad you canceled your flight to Thailand." I look behind me, and you can see complete shock on my face. I look at Jisoo unnie, and she's also agape. 'Damn, I'm screwed.'

"G-Good evening, Mrs. Manoban." Jisoo unnie suddenly said and bowed to my mother.

"Good evening, Jisoo." My mother says as she let go of me and hugs unnie. "As always, you look stunning. Is that Dior you're wearing?" She inquired, scanning unnie.

"Mom, why are you here? I thought you were in Paris?" I asked. I'm still surprised to see her at home. I assumed she was still on her shopping spree in Europe.

"I'm tired of traveling and shopping. Besides, I'd like to see you my baby. I haven't seen you in a long time. I'm glad you canceled your flight because I was planning on following you and your dad to Thailand." She clung to me again. My mom never changes, she always thinks I'm still her baby. I'm starting to get shy now, and I don't want unnie to see this because she will tease me for sure when we're alone.

"Mom, let go of me. I need to talk to dad, and it's very important." I told her as I took her hands off me.

"Oh, be careful my baby, your father is upset because you canceled your flight today." My mother warned. Jisoo and I exchanged glances and gulped.

"Lisa, I think I'll just wait for you in the car until you finish talking with your dad." Unnie said as she began to walk away from us, but my long arms allowed me to grab her hand.

"No unnie, come with me, I can't do it alone." I begged, refusing her to leave.

"What's the matter with you two?" My mother chuckled.

"Mom, I need you to join us, please." I said.

"If it is about business, no. I'm only interested in your personal life, my baby girl." She stated solemnly. I'm not talking to my mother and just stared at her sincerely, like pleading for help because I'm in trouble.

"Oh, it's a first time. I'm so excited. I'm going to ask the maids to serve us tea before I go there." She said as she clapped her hands and walked away.

I'm not prepared to face the two of them, but I don't have a choice. My mother will be aware of it as well. I just need to brace myself because I know how she'll react. I had intended to tell everything over the phone, but she unexpectedly returned home. What a stroke of luck! I want to cry.

"Unnie, please don't leave me now. Dad won't be mad with me if there's a visitor." I said to unnie as we walked to the study room.

"Lisa, I'm going to smack you after this. it never occurred to me that we'd be talking to both of your parents today." Jisoo unnie said quietly as we entered the room. We noticed Dad sitting on his table. His brow furrowed, staring at his laptop. He has the same expression on his face but abruptly changed when he sees that I have come with someone.

"Good evening, Dad." I said as I kissed his cheeks.

"Good evening, Mr. Manoban." Jisoo unnie said and bowed to him.

"Good evening, Miss Kim." Dad said as he motioned us to sit on the chairs in front of him, and then my mother came in with a maid behind her to serve us tea.

"Marco, stop working. Your daughter needs to tell you something, and I'm really excited because it's not about business. I'm so glad she has a life now besides that." My mother chastises my father and closes his laptop. He furrows his brows again and looks at me.

"What is it, Lisa? Did you do something? Why are you so tense?" He knows when I'm nervous. He casts a curious glance at unnie and me.

"Marco, don't scare them. How can she talk if you're like that?" Mom reprimanded dad while standing on his side.