three; him

It had almost been a full two weeks since the boy she sat next to in english had disappeared

It had almost been a full two weeks since the boy she sat next to in english had disappeared. And for some reason, Charlotte couldn't get him out of her head. She would try and tell herself that she was just worried about him, but she knew that was a lie. The pair hadn't even spoke.

Maybe she would try and ask people about the boy, someone had to know him.  He couldn't just disappear, could he?

With a strut slightly less strong than usual, Charlotte started making her way across the school parking lot towards her group of friends. Actually, Charlotte wouldn't really call them her friends, if it wasn't for Angela she probably wouldn't hang out with them.

Angela was a special person, Charlotte could tell. She wasn't bothered about material things like everyone else was, and she didn't care about looks either. Not many people were like that. Charlotte was sure they only came around once in a hundred years. So if it meant that she had to hang out with Jess in order to be with Angela, it was a no brainier.

Charlotte swung an arm around Angela once she had reached her, bumping her hip with hers, at this Angela nearly went flying out from Charlottes arm, but Charlotte managed to grab her and pull the slightly smaller girl into a hug. Charlotte had never had a best friend before, so she hoped she was doing this whole thing right.

"Ah, hi Charlotte" Angela was the first to greet her, which was no surprise.

"Hello Angela, hello all." Charlotte smiled sweetly at them all, even Jess and Bella. It was a new week and hopefully a fresh start for the three. "Do you guys fancy coming to mine to watch movies instead of Ang's? It's just that my mums at work all night and it means we won't disturb Angela's parentals?"

Everyone all gave sounds of agreement, thinking it sounded good. However Mike  noticed how his hands had started to sweat at the suggestion. Was he going to be in Charlotte Smiths room? At this his face started to redden and he couldn't help but loudly swallow the excessive amount of saliva that had formed in his mouth. "Uh, would we be in, you know.... your room?"

As Mike spoke his voice had started to die out, why did he think it was a good idea to ask that? 

At Mikes question Charlotte let out an uncomfortable laugh before replying "Yes Michael, in my room."

Not much else was said after that, just general chat about what time they should come round on Friday and then stuff about what they'd all done at the weekend.

The two girls started on their way towards their classrooms, having a lighthearted conversation about somethings and nothings. Until Charlotte remembered about asking about that one mystery boy. This caused her to stop talking and walking, which then caused Angela to do the same. She turned to Charlotte to question why she had stopped, until Charlotte quickly jumped in. "Whatdoyouknowaboutaboywithpaleskinandbrownishhair?

At the incoherent question Angela let out a loud giggle " Sorry what did you say?" Angela couldn't wipe the smile off her face.

At this Charlotte rolled her eyes, not wanting to repeat the question but she knew she had no choice. "I said 'what do you know about a boy with pale skin and brown ish hair?' Like really pale skin, even paler than me. And I'm ginger."

Angela didn't need Charlotte to add the extra pale part. Anyone would know who the girl was talking about just with the word 'pale'. It had to be one of the Cullens. "You mean one of the Cullens. What else was he like? Did he look buff or-"

"No he wasn't buff, he was just above average, a nice kind of shape."

"Brown hair?

"I wouldn't exactly call it brown, it was more hazel, but-"

This time Angela interrupted Charlotte, "Okay that's the same thing, I think you-"

Now it was the bells turn to interrupted the two. Angela being the good girl she was, went dashing down the hall, she couldn't be late to her lesson. Charlotte had grown to love Angela in the short time she'd known her, but that didn't mean that the fact that the girl had rushed off without an answer hadn't annoyed her. She really wanted to know who the boy was.

Thankfully it turned out that it was Charlottes lucky day.

Once she'd entered the class she kept her eyes glued to the floor, not feeling like taking notice of any of the catcalls or stares that were being directed at her. Her eyes stayed glued to there even when she'd sat down at her desk. She'd taken no notice of anything that had happened around her.

Everything was fine until an angelic voice next to her caused her heart to leap out of her chest. "Excuse me." Once Charlotte had managed to turn her head towards the noise it continued on, "Hi, I'm Edward Cullen." The boy seemed to be expecting a reply. He wasn't going to receive one though. But he knew that the girl was listening, she'd turned her body to him and leaned in closer in order to hear his hushed tone better. "Sorry about the other week, I was rude and should have introduced myself". 

Charlotte just started at him. Still not saying a word. She really wanted an apology. Did it make how he acted okay? No, of course not. So she was going to give the boy the silent treatment.... for a few seconds.

Edward didn't think the Smith girl would reply. She had been staring back at him for just over two minutes now. Was she okay? He could read her mind and see what she was thinking about, but for some reason that felt wrong. So Edward went to speak again. But as he opened his mouth Charlotte started speaking.

"Apology accepted Edward," She then put her dainty hand out towards the vampire, "Charlotte Smith, nice to formally meet you". Then Edward clasped his hand in hers, liking the way it felt in his. Charlotte liked the feel too, and because of this couldn't help the big smile that broke out onto her face.

Edward and me are going to get on just fine, she thought.

edit: ugh just wait for everyone's character development it's amazing if i say so myself <3