sixteen; mr damsel in distress

"Charlotte, you can't just leave!"

"But I'm coming back!"

Embry was following Charlotte out to the black car that Alice was already sat in.

"He left you Charlotte!"

"That doesn't mean he deserves to die, everyone does bad things, Embry." Charlotte turned around to face the boy who had been there for her through it all, she was hurt when she saw the anger on his face that was directed towards her.

"You said he did deserve to die... He didn't want you."

"I know, I know. I did say that," And she meant it. "But I can't let his blood me on my hands,"She reaches up and clasped Embry's face in her hands, "Forgive me?"

Embry rolled his eyes as far back as they would go, knowing Charlotte was trying to act sweet just so he wouldn't be mad at her. "He hurt you ,Charl." All anger disappeared from his face, his voice dropping to a whisper.

"And he never will again, I won't let him. I promise you now that he won't even get that close to me." She whispered back, a small smile on her lips as she gazed into his brown eyes.

"But-"

"Charlotte, we need to go!" Alice had pulled her car up next to the pair, winding down her window so she could shout to them.

"I'll see you soon, Emmy." Charlotte kissed Embry's cheek before pulling away and running to the passenger side of the car. She tried to tune out Embry's protests as she did so.

"Put your seatbelt on."

"I always do." Charlotte rolled her eyes, making sure to not look at the boy who stood watching as the car pulled away.

There was no music playing in the car, the sound of the engine being the only noise. The human hates it, there was nothing worse than a silent car ride.

"Do you like him?"

"Who?"

"The wolf." Actually this was worse than a silent car ride.

"Why would you think I like him?"

"You can't answer a question with a question."

"I just did. Twice actually."

"Charlotte," Alices voice was pointed, showing she wasn't in the mood for Charlottes games "Just tell me."