thirteen; sos

Charlotte locked her eyes with Edwards golden ones, the former pulling a face of unhappiness and the other still her one of smugness

Charlotte locked her eyes with Edwards golden ones, the former pulling a face of unhappiness and the other still her one of smugness. Charlotte presumed that Edward was getting up to leave, tired of seeing her sat flirting with boys that weren't him. She was half right, he was sick of seeing that and he was leaving, but she would be leaving too.

Charlotte's smug smirk soon fell off her lips as she realised Edward was walking towards where she sat. Oh god, she wasn't prepared for a confrontation.  She'd already had one the day before, and that was enough for a week.

"Can we talk?" Charlotte looked at Edward, dramatically rolled her eyes and then looked towards Angela, who like everyone else was watching with a grimace. The tanned girl just shrugged her shoulders and mouthed a sorry to her best friend.

Charlotte was on her own with this one.

"If we have to." Charlotte eventually responded after having a mental argument with herself about the pros and cons of having a conversation with the boy who crushed her marriage dreams.

Charlotte stood from her table, plastering a glare on her face, normally she would have a small welcoming smile, but today she wasn't in the mood for everyones stares, she hadn't changed in appearance since the day before, so what was the need to stare?

Edward also had a glare on his face, however that wasn't out of the ordinary. He only ever wore a smile when he was around Charlotte.

The golden haired boy lead the way, knowing exactly where he wanted to take the ginger haired girl. And she followed, she had nothing she wanted to say to the boy- or to his face anyway. It was him that wanted to talk to her, so he could take her wherever she wanted.

Maybe this attitude would get Charlotte murdered one day.

"Would you come into the forest with me?" Charlotte hadn't realised that they'd reached the schools entranced, so close to the woods. Would she go into them with him? This does seem like a situation that would get her killed.

Hey ho, everyone saw her leave with Edward so they'd know who did it.

"Do I have a choice?" Edward let a small smile spread across his face at her harsh tone.

"You always have a choice." He replied quietly, Charlotte could sense the double meaning in his words, but didn't bother questioning it.

She slowly nodded her head "Okay" she almost whispered, making eye contact with the boy. "I'll come with you.... as long as you don't kill me." Charlotte let out an awkward laugh at the end, not realising how Edward could actually kill her if he wanted to.