sixteen; rose

Edward watched from a distance, knowing none of the four girls knew he was there

Edward watched from a distance, knowing none of the four girls knew he was there. He couldn't say he was the most pleased at Charlotte becoming civil with the girls who had caused her an unbelievable amount of stress, but he also couldn't say he was annoyed about it. If it made her happy then it would make him happy.

He didn't understand it- the effect she has on him. It wasn't something that had ever happened to him before. He felt strong emotions towards the girl, a girl he barely even knew.

The emotions couldn't be explained. Edward didn't know the words to explain them, even if he learnt another five languages he doubt he'd be able to explain it. It was the happiest and greatest feeling he'd ever felt in his life.

A feeling he never wanted to stop.

"This is a new low, Edward."

Edward didn't turn his head at Rosalie's voice, he'd known she was stood on a branch of the tree behind him for five minutes, but he didn't feel the need to address her. If she wanted to speak to him she would, besides he just wanted to enjoy the view for a bit longer.

"I know." A small answer was all the blonde received, she would have thought Edward was in a mood if it wasn't for the small smile that rested on his face.

"Esme wants to meet her."

"I know." Edwards small smile, turned into a slightly larger one, his pearly white teeth threatening to show. God, he was turning soft.

"You should bring her round." Rosalie wanted to formally meet the girl, they'd seen each other before, Charlotte normally threw Rosalie a smile whenever she saw her even though the latter never smiled back.

"I will." Edward now turned to look at his sister, his smile now disappearing "Just not yet."

"Why not?" Rosalie was growing tired of Edward's lame answers to her questions, it was like talking to a brick wall. "She knows about us, so why not?"

Edward turned back around to gaze at the ginger mop of hair that was looking less than perfect now that Charlotte's all was being put into destroying the shed. His smile still not on his face, but adoration in his eyes.

"Alice would be all over her like a rash, she'd hardly be able to breathe. And I mean this in the nicest way possible but Esme would smother her. Jasper would be an awkward mess, not wanting to get to close, but Alice not letting him be too far away. Emmet would probably scare her by trying to show off. You'd most likely be unwelcoming, not wanting to give her a chance. I'd just want to get her out of there," Edward let out a small dry laugh. "Carlisle would probably be the most normal."

Well, he wasn't wrong.

"You're wrong." Apparently he was.

"Excuse me?" Edward didn't take very well to being told he was wrong.

Rosalie shrugged her shoulders and sat down on the branch so she could swing her legs back and forth. "You're wrong." She simply stated again.

"How am I wrong?" Edward sighed, he was never wrong.

"Yes, Alice would be all over her, but not like that, she'd just want Charlotte to feel welcome. Esme would not smother her, she'd just do anything to make her comfortable. Jasper would be awkward, that parts right, but he wouldn't be a mess, he's got more control than that. And Emmet wouldn't do that, yes he'd show off, but you know Emmett, he'd just want her to like him."

Rosalie then paused, not sure how she should carry on, she had always been good with words, but never good at talking about how she felt.

Edward turned around to look at Rosalie because of the long pause, knowing what she wanted to say but waiting for her to say it. She needed to know he was there when she was ready.

"I know what you think Edward - what you all think about me. That I'm horrible to anyone that's not like me, that I despise the world, that I hate what I am." She paused again. "Most of it's true. The bit where I'm horrible to anyone isn't true." Rosalie nodded her head to Charlotte who was now dancing around the garden with Angela while she sang a song Rosalie wasn't familiar with. "I wouldn't be horrible to her, I don't think I could be." A small laugh left her lips "I mean look at her, she's too.... sweet."

He knew that Rosalie thought it, but he didn't know how good it would make him feel to hear her say it. He valued Rosalie's opinion quite a lot, and he knew Charlotte would too.

"She is too sweet isn't she?" Edward smiled at his sister.

"I hope you aren't talking about her blood, Edward." The pair laughed at Rosalie's attempt of a joke, jokes weren't her forte. Soon a grimace took over Rosalie's face, "She could do with some dancing lessons though." She'd never seen something so horrible, when had proper dancing gone out of fashion? This was just cruel in the eyes of Rosalie.

Edward turned to watch the girl who held his affection, she indeed did need dancing lessons. She was quite possibly the worst dancer he'd ever seen, (he secretly loved it). However he wasn't sure how he would dance to the pop tune that was playing on the speaker that one of the girls must have brought outside. It was nice to see - great to see actually - the girl that everyone viewed as perfect, that took so much time with looking perfect was now dancing around like a madman without a care in the world.

"I think she dances perfect without them." Edward laughed.

Rosalie smiled at Edward, even though he couldn't see. It was one of those sweet sad smiles, a smile that Edward hated. "It's nice to hear you laugh, you've not done it in a while."

Edward's laughing dried up, not replying to Rosalie until a few minutes later.

"I'll bring her home."

pls comment on everything u read! i need to know ur thoughts 👀