twenty seven; prom queen

Rosalie had left soon after she'd finished Charlotte's makeup, which was always the plan

Rosalie had left soon after she'd finished Charlotte's makeup, which was always the plan. Bella was coming round so that Charlotte could get her ready and Rose didn't really like Bella, she found her too bland and brainless.

"Taco-bell, its prom night!" Charlotte tried to run to where the awkward brunette stood at the front door, her just as awkward dad next to her, but the run proved to be quite difficult with a big cast on her leg.

"Woah, take it easy, Bambi."

"Yes, Chief!" She saluted to the concerned police officer, turning her fast hobble into a slow one.

"Excuse me, what are you laughing at?" She directed her question at Bella who looked like she was struggling to hold the biggest laugh she would ever have in her life.

"You. You look liked a penguin."

"If you're going to call me a penguin make sure you call me an adelie."

"Why?" Bella hadn't been as confused in her life.

"Because they're the cutest, duh."

"I think you're more suited to a blue penguin" Bella and Charlotte's eyes drifted to Charlie, both slightly shocked that he knew even an ounce about penguins. "You know? Cause they're the smallest out of all the penguins." It was clear to see by they was that he fidgeted that he was uncomfortable under the two girls gaze.

"I had no idea that you were a penguin guy!" Charlotte was willing to overlook the fact that Charlie had just called her small because of how surprised she was at him. "Mum, you've got yourself a keeper!"

April Smith appeared out of thin air, practically running to her new beaus side "Haven't I?"

Although there was no PDA going on between the two parents right now, Charlotte didn't want to be around for when there was, just because she loved them together it didn't mean she wasn't disgusted by the thought of them kissing.

"Okay Isabelly, lets go get you all done up. Its gonna be like an episode of 'Song, Marry, Avoid' when I'm done with you!"

The rest of the day was spent with Bella protesting that Charlotte was putting too much makeup on and Charlotte saying there was too little, then one of them getting nervous and then the other starting a dance to whatever song was on the radio to calm said nerves.

"Oh my god, Isabella, I feel like a proud mum" Charlotte pretended to dab at her eyes "You look stunning."

"Thank y-"