seventeen; mr depp

"I think I've become a better person

"I think I've become a better person."

"You do?" Edward had started a habit of climbing through Charlotte's window every night, Charlotte teased him about it, saying that he couldn't stay away from her. But she didn't want him to stay away. This is what he had done just now, just climbed through her widow to find her sitting in bed with a closed copy of 'The Handmaids Tale' resting on her lap.

"I do." Charlotte moved the book onto her nightstand before continuing "Obviously I befriended Isabella the other day, and me and her have been getting on like a house on fire. She's great, sure she's a bit boring and isn't the most talkative person, but with a bit of work she'll be less like that. It doesn't matter about the talkative part, I talk enough for the two of us."

Now Edward saw the perfect opportunity to tease her, she'd practically set it up for him "Is she replacing Angela?"

Almost immediately Charlottes face turned to stone and her eyes narrowed at Edward "What a stupid thing to say." Her tone was far too serious for what was supposed to be a joke. "Rihanna couldn't even replace Angela, and I bloody love Rihanna."

Edward was well aware of how much Charlotte loved Rihanna, it was never 'Edward' that was mumbled in Charlottes sleep, always 'Rihanna'. Charlotte strongly denies that though, arguing she wasn't even dreaming about Rihanna. "Could you replace me?"

"Do you want the truth?"

"Well I know what the answers going to be now." Edward grumbled moving to lean against Charlottes headrest, coping her position next to him.

Charlotte now released what she called her 'ugly laugh' which she hated but Edward had grown to love. "I'm sorry!" She threw her arms around his shoulders and leaned her head on his chest "But have you seen Johnny Depp?!"

Edward was also well aware of her obsession with Mr Depp, she watched one Pirates of the Caribbean when she woke up, Edward Scissorhands when she got home, and The Corpse Bride before she went to bed. Obviously that wasn't an everyday thing, sometimes she swapped The Corpse Bride for Coraline.

"I have, you've got a massive poster of him in your wardrobe." Edward teased.

He felt her shrug her shoulders before replying "It came with a magazine, I wasn't exactly going to waste it."

The next few minutes were spent rather quietly, other than when Edward started tickling Charlotte. That was until he suddenly stopped. 

"Come meet my family."

This now caused Charlotte to stop too, sitting up and moving herself out of Edwards grasp, "What?" Her voice was rather breathless.

"Come to my home, meet my family."

Now Charlotte slid out of her bed, it wasn't that she didn't want to meet Edwards family, it was the fact that she was absolutely shitting herself at the thought of it.

"Esme wants to meet the girl that's lit a spark inside all of the family." Luckily for Edward he knew exactly what Charlotte was thinking, so knew exactly what to say to make her feel better. That would always be a perk.

"Lit a spark in all the family? I've only spoke to you and your dad..... and briefly Alice." Charlotte wondered.

"Yes. But I'm happy, which makes Alice happy, which makes Jasper happy. I'm happy which makes Rosalie happy, which makes Emmett happy. I'm happy which makes Esme happy, which makes Carlisle happy."

Charlotte finally looked at Edward again, meeting his golden orbs. Edward wasn't sure what she was going to say, sometimes she just speaks without thinking about it. This was one of those times. "Oh it's all about you isn't it?"

Edward now started laughing, it wasn't too hard to laugh around Charlotte. She just kept him happy.

"It is all about me. Apart from when its about you."

"Which is most of the time."

Edward laughed, "That it is."

"Okay."

"Okay?" Edward wasn't sure what she was saying okay to.

"Yes okay, I'll meet them."

Now a full smile broke out onto Edwards face, perhaps the biggest one that Charlotte had ever seen him give. "I'll pick you up at twelve."

Now Charlotte started to freak out again "Twelve? As in twelve tomorrow? Seriously tomorrow?!"

"Yes I already told Esme we'd be there at 12:30."

Charlotte started flinging her arms about everywhere, she jumped out of her bed, making her way to her dresser, then wardrobe, then just pacing about, muttering to herself about what she could wear or how to style her hair.

Edward just watched her the whole time, he knew Rosalie would be calling him weird if she could see him right now. But he just couldn't help it.

He was completely and utterly obsessed with her.

very very short filler chap :(