nineteen; rest in peace

"Thanks for the holiday guys, I had such a lovely time, same next week?" Charlotte reached down and grabbed her bag out of the car, not waiting for a reply from either of the Cullens as she slammed the door

After Charlotte had 'saved' Edward as she put it, she went through two minutes of acting normal with him, until she remembered why Edward was in Italy before refusing to speak to him or Alice.

That lasted the whole way until she was dropped off at home.

Just because she had gone to save Edward, it didn't mean she was fine with him. Besides, one could argue she saved him for purely selfish reasons. Of course, she still loved him, but she also still hated him.

"Honey, I'm home!" Charlotte dropped her bag by the door, knowing April was in because she knew her work schedule like the back of her hand.

"Charl, is that you?" Charlotte could hear footsteps running on the floor upstairs.

"Who else would it be?"

April appeared at the top of the stairs, dressed in a beautiful blue blouse, "I'm expecting a friend."

Charlotte didn't ask why her mother thought it could of been her friend, she didn't think a friend would let themselves in. "A friend! You have a friend?"

April Smith was the loveliest person you could meet, but the problem is that she didn't really know how to talk to new people. She tried to, she tried really hard. But she just didn't know what to say to people.

"Yes! I made a friend!" April matched her daughters excitement.

"I'm so proud of you! Tell me everything." Charlotte grabbed her mother's hands and pulled her into the living room to sit on the sofa. It seemed that was enough time for April to realise something.

"Where've you been?"

Charlotte froze, her smile faltering, she hadn't thought of what she was going to tell her mum, "Oh here, there and everywhere. Enough about me let's talk about you."

"Charlotte." April wasn't backing down.

"Ugh fine. If you must know the Cullens are back. Or I think they are anyway."

The smiles had now dropped from both of their faces, "Is that a good thing?"

April thought it wasn't, but she didn't know if Charlotte had a different opinion.