one; mamma mia

"Favourite film

"Favourite film."

"Mamma Mia. Next."

"Favourite singer."

"Easy. Lady Gaga, or Taylor Swift, or Rihanna or Britney Spears... Actually can we just have the next question?"

"Favourite actor/ actress."

"Rachel McAdams or Sarah Michelle Gellar, not sure."

The grass had turned back green and the flowers had bloomed again. It seemed the field knew when Charlotte was truly happy.

"Marry me."

"No. Next question."

Edward had tried many times to get the girl that laid next to him in the grass to marry him, however every answer was the same. It also never came with an explanation.

"Marry me."

"I said next question."

"The next question is marry me."

Charlotte stopped making the flowers in her hand into a headband, her eyes narrowing at Edward.

He was being extra difficult today.

"I'm not even your girlfriend."

"So you can say something other than no." Edward raised his eyebrows at her, slightly surprised she'd decided to expand on her usual 'no'. "What am I to you then?"

Charlotte thought about her answer, a smile making its way into her face, "My wallet."

"Funny joke." Edward sat up, turning to face Charlotte who looked like she was being swallowed by the grass. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Is the only reason your asking is so that you can ask me to marry you?"

"No, of course not." Edward scoffed, trying to make his words believable.

"Are you going to ask me to marry you straight after?"

"Yes."

"Then no."

The other conversations usually go like this too, Edward asking, Charlotte declining. Then Charlotte falling asleep, but that was yet to happen.